Wooden Tiny House - Page 3 - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 19Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 57 Old 07-06-2018, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
faith michel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: izmir-TÜRKİYE
Posts: 287
View faith michel's Photo Album My Photos
my friend an electrician ... i help him ...


Lenovo A7000-a cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

SECOND CHANCE & SECOND LİFE
faith michel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 57 Old 07-06-2018, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
faith michel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: izmir-TÜRKİYE
Posts: 287
View faith michel's Photo Album My Photos
İm hurry..i hope i can finish in 2 weeks.. Unfortunately there is not enough budget for the solar panel....

Lenovo A7000-a cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

SECOND CHANCE & SECOND LİFE
faith michel is offline  
post #43 of 57 Old 07-06-2018, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
faith michel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: izmir-TÜRKİYE
Posts: 287
View faith michel's Photo Album My Photos
İ love here...Bob Marley said No women no cry... İ said No people No stress..

Lenovo A7000-a cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

SECOND CHANCE & SECOND LİFE
faith michel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #44 of 57 Old 07-06-2018, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
faith michel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: izmir-TÜRKİYE
Posts: 287
View faith michel's Photo Album My Photos
İ will share my house of plan perhaps you can do it...
PART 1


Lenovo A7000-a cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

SECOND CHANCE & SECOND LİFE
faith michel is offline  
post #45 of 57 Old 07-06-2018, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
faith michel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: izmir-TÜRKİYE
Posts: 287
View faith michel's Photo Album My Photos
How is it looking????? İ think its not bad for 2 amateurs ... What do you think?? İts not finish yet...

Lenovo A7000-a cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
Cricket likes this.

SECOND CHANCE & SECOND LİFE
faith michel is offline  
post #46 of 57 Old 07-09-2018, 03:13 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
faith michel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: izmir-TÜRKİYE
Posts: 287
View faith michel's Photo Album My Photos
İ dont working this mounth... İ have to come back my first home at the big city....

Lenovo A7000-a cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

SECOND CHANCE & SECOND LİFE
faith michel is offline  
post #47 of 57 Old 07-09-2018, 09:29 AM
Ole Woodworker
 
BigJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Posts: 4,089
View BigJim's Photo Album My Photos
You are doing a fantastic job, it looks great. What is the weather like over there, are the summers hot and the winters real cold? What are you going to do for insulation for the walls?

Is there insulation in the roof panels. Looking at the plywood for your roof it looks like the grain runs across the plywood instead of long ways. I have never seen plywood made like that if it is. If that being the case you did run the plywood right except for not staggering the joints.

The reason we stagger the joints is, when all the plywood joints land on one joist or on one rafter all the weight is on one joist/rafter. When the joints are staggered it takes a lot of the load off the joist/rafter. If the plans called for it to be that way, I guess there is a reason for it. Building methods there are different from here.

It is amazing that you are building your own windows like you are, that is not a real easy job, especially to get them constructed correctly.

That is a very interesting area you are going to live in.
faith michel likes this.

http://www.diychatroom.com/
The Other
BigJim

If you do what you've always done, you will get what you've always got.

Last edited by BigJim; 07-09-2018 at 09:31 AM.
BigJim is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to BigJim For This Useful Post:
faith michel (08-15-2018)
post #48 of 57 Old 07-09-2018, 11:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Near Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 1,505
View amckenzie4's Photo Album My Photos
Beautiful job! You are going to end up with a fantastic looking house. Enjoy, and watch out for those scorpions!
faith michel likes this.
amckenzie4 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to amckenzie4 For This Useful Post:
faith michel (08-15-2018)
post #49 of 57 Old 08-15-2018, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
faith michel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: izmir-TÜRKİYE
Posts: 287
View faith michel's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by amckenzie4 View Post
Beautiful job! You are going to end up with a fantastic looking house. Enjoy, and watch out for those scorpions!
Thanks amckenzie4... İ ll be careful ....

Lenovo A7000-a cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

SECOND CHANCE & SECOND LİFE
faith michel is offline  
post #50 of 57 Old 08-15-2018, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
faith michel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: izmir-TÜRKİYE
Posts: 287
View faith michel's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim View Post
You are doing a fantastic job, it looks great. What is the weather like over there, are the summers hot and the winters real cold? What are you going to do for insulation for the walls?

Is there insulation in the roof panels. Looking at the plywood for your roof it looks like the grain runs across the plywood instead of long ways. I have never seen plywood made like that if it is. If that being the case you did run the plywood right except for not staggering the joints.

The reason we stagger the joints is, when all the plywood joints land on one joist or on one rafter all the weight is on one joist/rafter. When the joints are staggered it takes a lot of the load off the joist/rafter. If the plans called for it to be that way, I guess there is a reason for it. Building methods there are different from here.

It is amazing that you are building your own windows like you are, that is not a real easy job, especially to get them constructed correctly.

That is a very interesting area you are going to live in.
Thank you very much BigJim...the weather is classical mediterranean climate ...summers are really very hot the winters are rainy windy and so cold...i have never seen snow in my life...
İ have a problem abouth Windows my problem is fly ....i cant sleep allnight...i must add swatter...

Lenovo A7000-a cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
BigJim likes this.

SECOND CHANCE & SECOND LİFE
faith michel is offline  
post #51 of 57 Old 08-15-2018, 11:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Garland, TX
Posts: 4,232
View Toolman50's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith michel View Post
Thank you very much BigJim...the weather is classical mediterranean climate ...summers are really very hot the winters are rainy windy and so cold...i have never seen snow in my life...
İ have a problem abouth Windows my problem is fly ....i cant sleep allnight...i must add swatter...

Lenovo A7000-a cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
I think you will want to add screens on the outside of your new windows. Keep the flys and ther insects out.
I’ve enjoyed watching the progress of your new home. I know you must be very proud and happy to have such a nice quiet place in the country with such a beautiful view. Well done!
faith michel likes this.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you have time to do it over?
Toolman50 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Toolman50 For This Useful Post:
faith michel (08-28-2018)
post #52 of 57 Old 08-15-2018, 04:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: jesup GA
Posts: 380
View Mikhail2400's Photo Album My Photos
You have done a great job all the way. Your view is incredible, you chose a beautiful piece of property. With the hot summers you might want to look at window tint. Its an easy application and it really helps with the summer time temps coming in thru the windows.
Dealing with scorpions and that really nasty looking spider critter must be a bit of a pain in the arse. Maybe there are plants you can cultivate which are natural bug repellents which will grow in your area. Ive been looking at plants for repelling mosquitoes lately but havnt started planting any yet. Good luck with the rest of your house. For two amateurs your doing pretty darn good.
faith michel likes this.

Mike
Everything i build comes with a redneck warranty. If it breaks you get to keep both pieces.
Mikhail2400 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikhail2400 For This Useful Post:
faith michel (08-28-2018)
post #53 of 57 Old 08-28-2018, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
faith michel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: izmir-TÜRKİYE
Posts: 287
View faith michel's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikhail2400 View Post
You have done a great job all the way. Your view is incredible, you chose a beautiful piece of property. With the hot summers you might want to look at window tint. Its an easy application and it really helps with the summer time temps coming in thru the windows.
Dealing with scorpions and that really nasty looking spider critter must be a bit of a pain in the arse. Maybe there are plants you can cultivate which are natural bug repellents which will grow in your area. Ive been looking at plants for repelling mosquitoes lately but havnt started planting any yet. Good luck with the rest of your house. For two amateurs your doing pretty darn good.
Thank you very much for your good idea Mikhail2400....I will investigate this subject...

Lenovo A7000-a cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

SECOND CHANCE & SECOND LİFE
faith michel is offline  
post #54 of 57 Old 08-28-2018, 12:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NW Pa
Posts: 2,812
View TimPa's Photo Album My Photos
you are an impressive builder. did you build the panels off site, yourself? what will you do for water? will you move in or is this a vacation home?
faith michel likes this.
TimPa is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to TimPa For This Useful Post:
faith michel (08-28-2018)
post #55 of 57 Old 08-28-2018, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
faith michel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: izmir-TÜRKİYE
Posts: 287
View faith michel's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman50 View Post
I think you will want to add screens on the outside of your new windows. Keep the flys and ther insects out.
I’ve enjoyed watching the progress of your new home. I know you must be very proud and happy to have such a nice quiet place in the country with such a beautiful view. Well done!
Thank you very much Toolman50...your right i m very proud and happy ...i deserved it..
İf i find free time i will add screen on the my Windows...

Lenovo A7000-a cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

SECOND CHANCE & SECOND LİFE
faith michel is offline  
post #56 of 57 Old 08-28-2018, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
faith michel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: izmir-TÜRKİYE
Posts: 287
View faith michel's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPa View Post
you are an impressive builder. did you build the panels off site, yourself? what will you do for water? will you move in or is this a vacation home?
Thank you so much TimPa ...yes i did build the panels but my workshop is very small for panels i havent any free space for panels i had to rent the warehouse...For clean water i add pump for underground water...here is my second home... i will stay for holiday ...

Lenovo A7000-a cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

SECOND CHANCE & SECOND LİFE
faith michel is offline  
post #57 of 57 Old 08-28-2018, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
faith michel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: izmir-TÜRKİYE
Posts: 287
View faith michel's Photo Album My Photos
Really im sorry i lost PART2 and PART3 paper (house of plan)
İ promise if i can find papers i will share...

Lenovo A7000-a cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

SECOND CHANCE & SECOND LİFE
faith michel is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Full house renovation Jesse Blair Project Showcase 153 07-01-2019 02:58 PM
Tiny house decking material. Advice needed please. Danika General Woodworking Discussion 2 11-17-2017 10:14 AM
Wooden spoon, mallet jeremymcon Project Showcase 0 09-24-2016 05:29 AM
Selling House Now What? believebraves General Woodworking Discussion 10 04-26-2016 10:13 AM
House Framing Steve Neul General Woodworking Discussion 15 01-27-2016 01:30 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome