Woodworking Talk banner

Wine rack made with recycled door frames.

2K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  landman 
#1 ·
My daughter owns a hair styling shop. When she set up initially, we renovated the place and I saved all the door jambs with the permission of the landlord. They were a combination of mahogany and BC fir. She is now in a different location. She aked for a wine rack so I asked her if it would be OK to use the door frames from her fist salon. So here we go.

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Love the ride! Love cars and old trucks when restored to original. Not a big fan of the custom look. When I was a kid back in the 50s, I never could understand cars with flames painted around the front wheel wells. Why would anyone want to ride in a car that is on fire?

#18 ·
wow - holy kow, Pat !! Thank You for sharing that one !!
AND - for taking the time to document your journeys.

I was at my doctor's office last week when this sweet ride pulled up in the parking lot and this little old lady (she was about 60ish) hopped out and we chatted a bit and she went inside for her appointment.
it's not a '34, but the "rescue and recovery" story with her and her late husband was about the same as yours. they found it in a cow pasture out in New Mexico while visiting family and rented a U-Haul trailer and brought it back home (here in FL) just as you did. sadly, he passed last year and his bride still drives it often.
I haven't seen this car before or after this meeting, but I know it's out there somewhere enjoying the breeze.
thanks Pat, for rescuing the Old Iron and sharing your stories.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Vehicle Plant Automotive lighting Hood

#22 ·
that is simply awesome !!
but, the photo that your daughter had made for you is over the top - that was very emotional for me to see that photo.
I'm looking forward to seeing your next project: (the '34 Olds by chance??).
oh, just out of curiosity - do you remember how much that Olds cost that was for sale in Massachusetts ?
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.