VIDEO - Pool Table Build - Part 4 - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 06-03-2007, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

View johnwnixon's Photo Album My Photos
VIDEO - Pool Table Build - Part 4

Greetings all.

I finally released the next installment in the pool table video series.

This video focuses on a particular challenge I had with the design. I needed to allow some way for the legs to be shimmed to level the table, but without the unsightly look that the legs are floating off the floor. Take a look at the latest video to see how I solved this design challenge.

As always, please let me know what you think.
Follow this link to view the new video:
http://www.eaglelakewoodworking.com/index.htm?PTBP4.htm

Thanks,
John Nixon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-29-2007, 12:51 AM

View formula462's Photo Album My Photos
nicely done john and informative as well,thanks
post #3 of 5 Old 06-29-2007, 04:17 AM
johnep

View johnep's Photo Album My Photos
pool table leg video

John, I am gobsmacked. So professional, clear and informative with good slow progression. Congrats to the cameraman.

I am only an onlooker wishing had time and money to have the pefect tools for the job. Someone on this forum is looking for a router table. What is yours? looks perfect to me.

I have saved your site and will enjoy looking at your other videos.

thanks for allowing us to see how someone who really knows what they are doing and shares with others.
johnep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-29-2007, 06:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnep View Post
John, I am gobsmacked. So professional, clear and informative with good slow progression. Congrats to the cameraman.

I am only an onlooker wishing had time and money to have the pefect tools for the job. Someone on this forum is looking for a router table. What is yours? looks perfect to me.

I have saved your site and will enjoy looking at your other videos.

thanks for allowing us to see how someone who really knows what they are doing and shares with others.
johnep
Johnep,

Thank you kindly for your compliments on my video and setup. I'm glad you took the time to watch the video and that you liked the content and pace. I had wondered if it was moving too slow or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnep View Post
Congrats to the cameraman
wish I had a camerman sometimes! I'm a one man show and setting up to get the shot (especially from multiple angles) can be time consuming.

About my router table:
The basics of my table are really simple. I built it and I would suggest to most anyone that they do the same.
  • The Top - I have a tabletop that is about an 1-1/8 inches thick with a high pressure laminate on it (like formica).
  • The plate - the phenolic resin plate by rousseau (http://www.mikestools.com/3509-Rouss...e-Insert.aspx)
  • The fence is from Rockler (http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...0table%20fence). I'd be hesitant to pay the $60 they want for it. I got mine on the clearance table for $10 or $15 I think. It's a good design and has served me well, but there features from other fences that I might employ if I were build one from scratch.
  • My Router is the Hitachi M12V. I love this router for table mounted operations. It's powerful (3HP), softstart, variable speed, and it was easily adapted to add my motorized router lift (http://www.eaglelakewoodworking.com/...mrl_master.htm)
  • The lower portion of the router is enclosed. This is the best addition I made to the table over time. It's a wonderful improvement. The noise is reduced significantly and all the dust and chips are extracted out of a shroud in the bottom of the enclosure. Here's a pic: (http://www.EagleLakeWoodworking.com/...s/P6130093.jpg)
All in all, I love my router table, and as you can tell, I spend a lot of time there. I think the router table is one of the most versatile tools in the shop. I'm always looking to find new things / ways to do with my router table.

Thanks again,
John Nixon - Buffalo, NY - www.EagleLakeWoodwoking.com
post #5 of 5 Old 06-29-2007, 06:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula462 View Post
nicely done john and informative as well,thanks
Thank you very much. I hope to have another video in the series done soon!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode