The plans said to use wood glue and clamping cauls to attach the face frames to the cabinet. I'm sure that would have held up fine, I just didn't trust it, and decided to add a couple of 3/4" x 3/4" screw strips inside both top edges, and pocket screws in the bottom and sides of the lower shelving area. It not only feels stronger, but I was able to pull the face frame tighter to the cabinet without the use of all the clamps I don't have.
The top shelf sections were the only ones that were glued.
The only reason I did this is because I didn't pre-drill the pocket hole screws before assembling, and couldn't fit a drill and the jig inside to drill the holes.
On Sunday, I installed the casters on two pieces of 1x4 and attached them to the base of the cabinet and face frames with some 2" deck screws.
You can't see them in the picture too well, but I installed a couple of large handles on the side with the swivel casters to make it easier to move around.
Oh... and my little man came out to check on the progress I'm making. He approves!!!
Thanks for stopping by! I am toying with the idea of building some "simple" inset raised panel doors. I made some inset doors for the hutch project I built, and I've been wanting to try raised panel doors for a while now.