This is a trend I noticed that I liked. I happen to remodeling a home currently, so the timing was right.
I bought the piece in pretty rough shape from someone on letgo. I cant find a picture of before I began reworking it, but the top was destroyed from a careless owner leaving a leaking plant container on the top of it. So the this is the start of the process.
I wanted a trough sink as wide as possible to accommodate 2 faucets. But nothing was commercially available, that was remotely reasonable in price. So I decided to make my own. This is the flat stock after rough dimensioning.
This is tacked together.
I added square tube for the rim and tig welded all the seams.
I decided I wanted a bevel on the front of the trough, so I cut out the corner
Then welded on the new piece
And water tested all the welds
Once complete, I added the drain port, and sent it out for powdercoat
Meanwhile I stained the original top
Then cut out for the sink.
You’d think it was almost over, but oh wait theres more. Silly me, I wanted an epoxy coated top. Big mistake...I think it was too cold in the house, and the epoxy turned cloudy white and never cured fully. Whether it was me or a faulty product, Ill never know, but its the last time I dont test an unfamiliar product on a waste piece.
So then I could not get all the stuff off, and ended up making a new top. I matched the original curvature and profile as best I could without making a custom router bit.
Once the new top was done, I stained and polyurethaned that.
Then I modified the drawers to accommodate the sink, actually this was done prior to having to remake the top.
To make the top drawers usable, I added some hinges.
Then once everything was done, I refinished the drawers on the inside, and lined the bottoms with sheetmetal
The finished vanity is yet to be installed, I dont want to destroy it while Im still working on the house.
I had to remove a picture or 2 to fit the rules of the site or the app Im using.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk