This is my spin on the Wooden Nickel Brain Teaser Puzzle produced by Creative Crafthouse. The design is simple - make slots for nine pennies in a row. I made the design more complicated by adding hardwood inlay on the sides and adding a built in compartment for the pennies when the game is being stored.
The object of the puzzle is to remove the coins from the board.
Place nine coins in the slots. The order of heads vs. tails should be random.
- The person playing may flip any one coin before starting the game.
- You can only remove coins facing heads.
- Once a head facing coin is removed, you must flip the neighboring coins over. Note that blank spaces (gaps) do not count as neighbors.
- Keep removing heads and flipping neighbors.
- Can you remove all the coins?
More Info / Build Instructions: https://www.instructables.com/id/Penny-Flip-Puzzle/