Paneled wall - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By bob493
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 11-15-2019, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 90
View wretched64's Photo Album My Photos
Paneled wall

A few weeks ago I asked for help in regards to banding kerfed board before it was in wall. One person answered me to cut small strips and band once on wall. This worked.

Finished office was installed about 6 months ago. Z clips

Other pics are panels liquid nailed and hot glued on wall. One tube for big panels half tube for small

Straight panels behind small wall are a clipped as well. 2 days install


Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	office - 1.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	268.2 KB
ID:	380803  


Last edited by John Smith_inFL; 11-16-2019 at 07:26 PM. Reason: changed photo
wretched64 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 11-15-2019, 11:29 AM
No Longer Here
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 185
View bob493's Photo Album My Photos
Wow! Not a fan of that desk personally, but the layout and work is very nice, thanks for sharing. Love the tiger pelt too! (as long as it was humanely and legally processed naturally)
bob493 is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 11-15-2019, 01:47 PM
Senior Member
 
faith michel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: izmir-TÜRKİYE
Posts: 463
View faith michel's Photo Album My Photos
Is tiger skin on the wall ?
Is it legal?

Why are we so savage ??? Why why ??
I am sorry. I am feeling so bad I don't want to say bad words..


Please do it little empaty...

SM-J700F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

SECOND CHANCE & SECOND LİFE
faith michel is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 Old 11-15-2019, 02:21 PM
No Longer Here
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 185
View bob493's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith michel View Post
Is tiger skin on the wall ?
Is it legal?

Why are we so savage ??? Why why ??
I am sorry. I am feeling so bad I don't want to say bad words..


Please do it little empaty...

SM-J700F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi
Many pelts are farmed ethically and legally. Ironically, these companies that sell them legally spend their profits to counter poaching and prosecuting criminals that do unethical things. Nothing savage about honoring an animals remains IMO.
wretched64 likes this.
bob493 is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 11-15-2019, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 90
View wretched64's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob493 View Post
Wow! Not a fan of that desk personally, but the layout and work is very nice, thanks for sharing. Love the tiger pelt too! (as long as it was humanely and legally processed naturally)
Yeah we didn't do the desk just panels.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
wretched64 is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 11-15-2019, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 90
View wretched64's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob493 View Post
Many pelts are farmed ethically and legally. Ironically, these companies that sell them legally spend their profits to counter poaching and prosecuting criminals that do unethical things. Nothing savage about honoring an animals remains IMO.
I'm sure it is 100% legal. This is a famous personal injury lawyers office.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
wretched64 is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 11-15-2019, 09:23 PM
No Longer Here
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 185
View bob493's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched64 View Post
I'm sure it is 100% legal. This is a famous personal injury lawyers office.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Given the absolute quality going on here, I dont doubt it. I truly love all the work you did.

The real question... is that veneer or solid?
bob493 is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 11-16-2019, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 90
View wretched64's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob493 View Post
Given the absolute quality going on here, I dont doubt it. I truly love all the work you did.



The real question... is that veneer or solid?
Veneer over mdf

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
wretched64 is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 11-16-2019, 05:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Pineknot_86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 1,860
View Pineknot_86's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Many pelts are farmed ethically and legally. Ironically, these companies that sell them legally spend their profits to counter poaching and prosecuting criminals that do unethical things. Nothing savage about honoring an animals remains IMO.
Well said. Peter Hathaway Capstick's book, Death in the Long Grass, deals with this very issue in Africa. He was led safaris for several years and was well aware of what was quoted.

Now to the original post. The office is outstanding! Have a paneled den/junk room/office. Nothing even close to wretched54's artwork.

A diamond is how coal reacts under pressure.

Last edited by Pineknot_86; 11-16-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Pineknot_86 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Pineknot_86 For This Useful Post:
bob493 (11-16-2019)
post #10 of 10 Old 11-16-2019, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 90
View wretched64's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineknot_86 View Post
Well said. Peter Hathaway Capstick's book, Death in the Long Grass, deals with this very issue in Africa. He was led safaris for several years and was well aware of what was quoted.

Now to the original post. The office is outstanding! Have a paneled den/junk room/office. Nothing even close to wretched54's artwork.
Thank you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
wretched64 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome