Woodworking Talk banner

My latest work of art

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  welikecamping 
#1 ·
Tres Rios, my latest stick. Turquoise, Green Opal, Brass Filings and Red Pipestone inlay on a piece of White Mountains Aspen. Finished with a hand-rubbed satin poly. Found near the Three Forks area. Each stick I make is blessed with the spirit of where it is found, and hand-crafted with loving care.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Each stick I make is blessed with the spirit of where it is found, and hand-crafted with loving care.
So interesting and cool to see these. I appreciate a good walking stick. I enjoy camping and hiking; I am also a fantasy fan, who enjoys thinking about the "spirits of the woods" when I walk. As an aside, my father, who has always been an avid camper/hiker, seems to be taking an interest in tree spirit relief carving.

How do you manage to find good sticks? When I hike, I look for good candidates in downed branches, etc. I never take what is alive. My searches are 99/100 without success.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.