I wanted to get the microwave off the counter, and a microhood combo was not an option due to lacking exhaust performance.
So here is what I did. I did not make the original cabinet. But I will be making a custom exhaust fan cabinet for over the range, and I will post that aswell in the coming weeks.
I removed the center stile, and doors.
Added a shelf and face frame rail to match the existing.
Test fit the microwave, this was actually the previous step to adding the rail.
Made a door. Hickory frame with oak beadboard.
Made a drawer for below the microwave door. Box jointed, the main drawer box, 1/2” birch ply bottom. The drawer front is 2 pieced of hickory edge glued. I also decided to make the top drawer a single wide drawer instead of 2 smaller ones.
Thats the finished product (pre stain/poly finish) Which once I was done with I realized Id made a wooden oven, but I still think its cool, and the wife likes it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk