Woodworking Talk banner

Jointer blades

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Handyman 
#1 ·
I think I asked this once before I have a small 4" jointer and I wont to adjust the blades on it , is there a jig out that a guy can make to adjust them for heigth if so can anyone tell me how to make one.

It is a old 4" national tool one It works great I had the blades sharpened on it and I am having terrible time adjusting for height.

Thanks a lot Bill:furious:

#4 ·
The instructions on my router say to raise the blades the thickness of a sheet of paper above the outfeed table. (It is not clear to me why the blades would not be exactly the same height as the outfeed table as stated by Handyman. But, that is what the instructions say.) Be sure that the blades are parallel to that table. There should be two adjusting screws that control the blade height.

I do not know what type of jig would be of any use.

George

#6 ·
The instructions on my router say to raise the blades the thickness of a sheet of paper above the outfeed table. (It is not clear to me why the blades would not be exactly the same height as the outfeed table as stated by Handyman.
George
That would make good sense though. If I remimber from my Millwrite days, a sheet of writing paper is about .0015 thousands. And at the height it would lesson the friction on the out feed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.