A couple more side braces for the top (on the backside). I made a couple of 5' long anchors out of 1" steel rod with welded loops for the cable tie-ins. I drove them in the ground on a 60% angle (away from the tree house) with a sledge hammer (fun job), then stretched cable between the brace and anchor (with a turnbuckle on the anchor end) and tightened them up until the slack was out and they were fairly tight. I figure after the anchor's get a few rains and settle in, I'll tighten them up more as needed. I thought about setting the anchors in concrete (and I still can) but I think these will hold pretty well. These are only for side to side movement of which I have none, but I think they'll help make the whole structure more stable... Plus, I just wanted to play-around with some cable before starting on the bridge.
Last edited by buggyman1; 12-03-2015 at 04:21 AM.