Lover of Limbs
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Western Suburbs in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
A different Band Sawn Box WIP
Hello all, I saw Dominick's band saw box and I thought you may be interested in a different box I make here in Aussie. I have sold many of these through my cousin's shop.
1. Choose your wood, I prefer the grain running front to back, some thickness is required.
2. Cut sides of approximately 10mm, wider if the block has some good width. (this allows some shaping of the sides later)
3. Mark the pieces to match grains
4. Sand out any band saw marks from the sides and center piece
5. Draw your box, note the widening / thickening at the rear of the top where the pin for the hinge will be.
Last edited by Billyboydes; 11-22-2012 at 12:46 AM.