Woodmaster 4 in 1 - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 7 Old 06-12-2010, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

View Shannon's Photo Album My Photos
Woodmaster 4 in 1

I've found an 18" woodmaster planer/molder/sander/ripper. Bought in 98 and used to make trim for 6 houses. Comes with several molding blades. I feel like it's a good deal at $750 but I've never seen one in person, much less used one. Anyone have any experience with this tool? Are there any common problems related to it that should scare me off?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-12-2010, 06:10 PM

View ash123's Photo Album My Photos
Sounds like a deal. I have an 18" Woodmaster. I think I paid over $3,000 for mine. I didn't buy the rip setup or sanding rig with mine. I just use mine to make molding. It does fine. The company is top notch to work with.

I don't think they made too many three phase machines. That'd be something to look at unless you have 3 phase in your shop.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-13-2010, 01:50 AM
Old Methane Gas Cloud

View rrich's Photo Album My Photos
Shannon,
If you are intending to go into the molding business it is a great deal, assuming the Woodmaster still runs properly.

If you intend to make molding for your home, you need to answer the question: 'How much molding could I purchase for $750?'.

Use the right tool for the job.

Rich (Tilting right)
Huntington Beach, California
Remember that when we have the "BIG ONE" everything east of the Rockies falls into the ocean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-13-2010, 05:14 AM
Old School

View cabinetman's Photo Album My Photos
If you have limited space, it's a great machine. It will do mouldings in a single pass, or multiples in a single pass. It will also convert to a planer, and a drum sander.

Knives are available in a wide variety. It's a well built machine. Some parts are interchangeable with the Belsaw. If you have 220V single phase, and 110V you're good to go.

post #5 of 7 Old 06-13-2010, 05:17 AM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
4 in 1

The 4 in 1 can be used as a planer, moulder, rip saw and drum sander. So you are getting a lot for your $750.00. I'd do it !
Granted the rip saw might not be used much, and the drum sander may not come with it but it's still a good deal. bill

From Woodmaster's product description:

Only Woodmaster Combines these Crucial Features in One Rugged Machine: Variable Feed Rate: Just a twist of the dial puts twice as many cuts-per-inch at your fingertips as any comparable planer - from 70 to over 1,000 CPI! Heavy duty machine sails through even the toughest oak at higher speeds, or you can slow it down to handle those "hard to work" pieces like curly maple, knotty cedar, burls, knees and much more! A valuable feature for molding work, where detailed or deep profiles require high cuts-per-inch.
High-Production Molding Feature: Woodmaster’s powerful motor and variable feed system let you cut even the deepest patterns – log siding, crown, casing – in a single pass! Compare Woodmaster’s 1 1/8” molding depth to other machines that require multiple passes for even the simplest patterns.
Powerful Planer with Quick-Change Morse-Taper Cutterhead: Machined from a solid block of steel, this massive planer head has plenty of "umph" to power through even the toughest rough-cut lumber. Take off as much as 3/16” in a single pass. Patented morse-taper design head lets you change features in just minutes!
Time-Saving Gang Rip Saw Attachment: Turns your Woodmaster into a power-feed, single or multi-blade ripsaw. Lets you rip with power feed in a fraction of the time it takes for hand-fed passes on a table saw. Perfect for sizing blank molding stock, facing frames, rail & stile work … and much, much more.
Labor-Saving Drum Sander Attachment: Because stock is power-fed at an even rate you’ll get a finish impossible to duplicate with hand methods or hand-held sanders. No more waves or “low spots.”

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
post #6 of 7 Old 06-22-2010, 04:51 PM

View balajisk1975's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Skype™ to balajisk1975
hi there, nice to meet you.

i am a new member,so please accept me as your member friend.]
post #7 of 7 Old 06-22-2010, 06:58 PM

View ash123's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisk1975 View Post
i am a new member,so please accept me as your member friend.]

Welcome!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode