Small progress here and there...
I need to place some mounts for the support of the table extension. I want to weld some square tube to the base, that I can place a square tube inside of that will be the "legs". I really needed to mock up the assembly with the cabinet on the base, and the tops in place to locate where the tubes need to be. I'm using the top to another Unisaw as part of the table extension, as well as a Unisaw side wing. I want to locate to the mounting holes in the Unisaw top for a good, solid mount point.
First the Unisaw top for the extensions is threaded, so I needed to drill them out on the side I am bolting to the actual Unisaw top. I just went slightly oversize, not lining up perfect so I will re-drill when I pull it apart.
Second it seems that the wheels and rollers on the (used) pallet jack finally hit their useful life and have started dropping chunks of their "tires" all over the floor. I already purchased replacements but had anticipated I would get through to the final assembly before I used them, not the case.
Third, the lift assembly rod had to be put together in pieces, I expected the additional pivot points to cause some issue, and have been working on a fix, but something related that I didn't anticipate came up. When I have the complete assembly elevated, and I turn the lift/steer wheels sharp one direction or the other, it all tilts sharply towards the front due to the overhang/weight of the tops. I looked at the rollers on the floor when it is tilted, and they are both in full contact with the floor, so it tells me the lift rod is allowing this to happen. When it all comes apart, I will work on modifying the rod so this won’t happen.