Trying To Find Blade Guard For Delta Table Saw 36-679 - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 12-22-2013, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
My Father's Son

View MarquisWoodworking's Photo Album My Photos
Question Trying To Find Blade Guard For Delta Table Saw 36-679

I recently inherited my Father's Woodworking Tools when he passed away back in October 2013. He had a Delta Table Saw Model 36-679 and the blade guard that I found in the boxes of stuff he had is not the correct one for this table saw. I have scoured the internet and even posted a "Wanted" classified ad on craiglist and KSL without any luck. Ereplacement parts shows this part but it is listed as Back Ordered and when I contacted them they said they have no idea when or if this part will ever be available.

Does anyone know where I can find even a used Blade Guard Assembly for this table saw? It is so unsafe for me to be using and I cannot even allow my two young children into my shop when using it. They would both rather spend time with me in the shop than watching TV so not being able to use my saw is getting daunting.

I am willing to pay for part and pay shipping, new or used. Any help would be greatly appreciated. My cell is 310-497-1778 and email is [email protected].

Thanks,
Phil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131218_105929 KSL.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	85285  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-22-2013, 02:09 PM

View Dave Paine's Photo Album My Photos
No surprise that Delta may not make this any more.

You can always try an after market like the Shark Guard, which may be an improvement.

http://www.thesharkguard.com/sharkunisaw.php
post #3 of 3 Old 12-22-2013, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
My Father's Son

View MarquisWoodworking's Photo Album My Photos
Thanks so much Dave! My Dad taught me when I was very young that when he needed help with anything woodworking he would turn to fellow woodworkers because they are like a brotherhood who are willing to help if able. Looking at Shark Guard now. Much appreciated and Happy Holidays!

Tags
blade guard, delta 36-679, table saw blade guard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode