Woodworking Talk banner

Are tools still sold under the Delta name?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  rrich 
#1 ·
I have given up on Delta in my attempt to get a replacement tire for my 14" bandsaw. I won't go into the details except to say it became a headache. Seems there is no contact person for Delta.
I have ordered one from Lou Iturra, thanks to your replies.
I now wonder if tools are still sold under the Delta name.
Anyone shed any light on that?
Laurence

#2 ·
Back in July someone noticed that their local Woodcraft had no Delta products.

I asked my local Woodcraft if they had stopped carrying the Delta product line. The person said they could still order any of the products from Delta, but after Delta was sold to the latest company, they are moving the parts warehouse and in the meantime Woodcraft had temporarily stopped carrying inventory until the new warehouse was up and running.

Sorry to hear the ordering process is still messed up. I expect you will be happy with the Lou Iturra tire.

#3 ·
Delta still makes tools I just saw their new bandsaw today at rockler and was less that impressed. I heard that they changed hands less than a year ago and are still trying to get everything going. Is it a wheel you need or just the rubber tire that goes around the wheel? You can buy the tire at any good woodworking store or online. If you need the whole wheel that you may be out of luck until delta gets back going or should I say if because their outlook does not look great. It seems like all their tools don't get great reviews anymore and are quite expensive for what you get. In my own opinion

#4 ·
#6 ·
Several years ago from a woodworking catalog I bought a replacement tire for my bandsaw but it was not like the original in that it was neither as thick nor as wide, therefor it did not completely fill in the groove in the wheel. For my present project use that is important.
Lou Iturra assures me that the one I have coming from him will.
Laurence

#8 ·
Your local Dewalt factory repair store is supposed to stock Delta parts for about the next 6 months or so. There was a three year deal when Delta changed hands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.