Thoughts on the King Canada KC-6HJC 6" table top Jointer? - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 2 Old 10-13-2017, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

View Zach Kearns's Photo Album My Photos
Thoughts on the King Canada KC-6HJC 6" table top Jointer?

I'm in the market for a table top jointer (I simply can't afford a bigger one and wouldn't have space). This jointer (King Canada KC-6HJC 6") catches my eye but reviews are hard to find because the machine is newer (I think?).

Porter Cable PC160JT is also another option, as is the Ridgid (but that is higher then I want to pay).

Thanks,
Zach
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-14-2017, 02:29 AM
afx

View afx's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Kearns View Post
I'm in the market for a table top jointer (I simply can't afford a bigger one and wouldn't have space). This jointer (King Canada KC-6HJC 6") catches my eye but reviews are hard to find because the machine is newer (I think?).

Porter Cable PC160JT is also another option, as is the Ridgid (but that is higher then I want to pay).

Thanks,
Zach
It looks nice enough, the website says it's got a helix cutterhead but I don't know if they're trying to BS you by having 3 blades that are angled like this one

Aluminum top means no jigs that use magnets and it's prone to scratching but honestly I never had a problem with my Delta tabletop I had 10 or so years ago. Oh and they're LOUD

It says it's $400 US. For that I could get a nice Jet or Grizzly on craigslist and still have money to buy a Shelix. Actually that's exactly what I did.

Last edited by afx; 10-14-2017 at 02:31 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode