table saw pricing - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 9 Old 09-16-2019, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

View gj13us's Photo Album My Photos
table saw pricing

I was window shopping at Lowe's on Saturday and saw that the Delta 36-725, the DeWalt DWE7491RS, and Bosch 1400-10 are all the same price ($599). Is there some reason as to why the prices are the same? The Delta seems like a more substantial table saw because of the larger heavier table, the induction motor, and (what seemed to me) a better fence system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-16-2019, 10:32 AM

View faith michel's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gj13us View Post
I was window shopping at Lowe's on Saturday and saw that the Delta 36-725, the DeWalt DWE7491RS, and Bosch 1400-10 are all the same price ($599). Is there some reason as to why the prices are the same? The Delta seems like a more substantial table saw because of the larger heavier table, the induction motor, and (what seemed to me) a better fence system.
I don't know ... why ???? They are same price...sometimes really I don't understand companies price politics...

I don't know Delta 36-725
I have no experience about it...

My personal choose is DEWALT DWE7491 RS..

BOSCH 1400-10 is volume control buton..

Are you sure write to correct numbers ????

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

SECOND CHANCE & SECOND LİFE
post #3 of 9 Old 09-16-2019, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

Oops.

4100-10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 09-16-2019, 07:05 PM
Village Idiot

View epicfail48's Photo Album My Photos
Different profit margins for different companies branding, and trying to keep a competitive price My bet is that either the DeWalt or Bosch was released first at a low price and Delta lowered theirs to be competitive, or the Delta launched at a higher price, one of the other two undercut the price and Delta lowered in response. The Delta i know used to go for $699.

Also, i own the Delta, and i can vouch for it. Its a fantastically good saw for the price

I need cheaper hobby
etsy.com/shop/projectepicfail
post #5 of 9 Old 09-17-2019, 10:42 AM

View DrRobert's Photo Album My Photos
Sorry if this offends anyone, but I would stay away from what I term "consumer" machines.

I recommend these 3 features: an induction motor, cast iron trunnions, trunnions mounted directly to tabletop, not the frame.

If you'll look closely most of these machines are direct drive motors (translation low hp), in reality just a little better than a circular saw. You will also see some with stamped steel trunnions and minimal, lightweight cast iron in the top.

The fence systems have come a long way, even the cheapest saws have fairly decent fences, but IMO you just can't beat a Beismeyer.

This said, depending on what you're doing, your budget and your personal philosophy regarding tools, one of these saws may be all you need.
post #6 of 9 Old 09-17-2019, 09:35 PM
Village Idiot

View epicfail48's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRobert View Post
Sorry if this offends anyone, but I would stay away from what I term "consumer" machines.

I recommend these 3 features: an induction motor, cast iron trunnions, trunnions mounted directly to tabletop, not the frame.

If you'll look closely most of these machines are direct drive motors (translation low hp), in reality just a little better than a circular saw. You will also see some with stamped steel trunnions and minimal, lightweight cast iron in the top.

The fence systems have come a long way, even the cheapest saws have fairly decent fences, but IMO you just can't beat a Beismeyer.

This said, depending on what you're doing, your budget and your personal philosophy regarding tools, one of these saws may be all you need.
Pretty sure the Delta has all 3 of those things actually, including a very serviceable Beismeyer clone for a fence. What you described as a consumer saw is more associated with contractor- or portable-type saws, the small ones designed more for moving from job to job over perfect accuracy. The hybrid-style saws, like the Delta, share a lot of the same features as the lower end cabinet saws, and work pretty well

I need cheaper hobby
etsy.com/shop/projectepicfail
post #7 of 9 Old 09-18-2019, 07:31 AM

View Tony B's Photo Album My Photos
Something to SERIOUSLY consider..................The length of the guide bar. Not the bar itself but what they refer to as "rip capacity"
If all you are going to do is jewelry boxes and small stuff, then any size will do. If you are going to make furniture then you will need at least a 50" Right Rip Capacity. Like anything else, you can get away with smaller, but to me the "50" is essential. You should be able to cut a 4' X 8" plywood in half.

Tony B

Retired woodworker, amongst other things, Sold full time cruising boat and now full time cruising in RV. Currently in Somerville, Tx
post #8 of 9 Old 09-18-2019, 09:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRobert View Post

None taken.

You could say that about a lot of things, from table saws to cars.
post #9 of 9 Old 09-18-2019, 10:01 AM
Cat Herder

View ChiknNutz's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony B View Post
Something to SERIOUSLY consider..................The length of the guide bar. Not the bar itself but what they refer to as "rip capacity"
If all you are going to do is jewelry boxes and small stuff, then any size will do. If you are going to make furniture then you will need at least a 50" Right Rip Capacity. Like anything else, you can get away with smaller, but to me the "50" is essential. You should be able to cut a 4' X 8" plywood in half.
Not if you also have a track saw. I have moved in this direction so I can do what I consider to be the awkward work of breaking down sheet goods with the track saw, then can focus on smaller stuff with the table saw. As such, I have negated the need for so much rip capacity, taking up much less shop floor space. Works for me, but as always...YMMV.

Chris A.
Live a life worth celebrating!

Ridgid R4221 12" CMS, R4330 Planer | Bosch MRC23EVSK Router, 1591EVSL Jigsaw, PB360S Power Box | JDS Air-Tech HP air cleaner | Grizzly 14" bandsaw (Laguna LT14 clone), Delta DC-1100VX-CK Dust Collector | Festool Rotex 150/5 FEQ, CT 36 E, ETS EC125/3, TS75, Domino XL | Incra router table | Grizzly G1023RL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode