Woodworking Talk banner

table saw pricing

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ChiknNutz 
#1 ·
I was window shopping at Lowe's on Saturday and saw that the Delta 36-725, the DeWalt DWE7491RS, and Bosch 1400-10 are all the same price ($599). Is there some reason as to why the prices are the same? The Delta seems like a more substantial table saw because of the larger heavier table, the induction motor, and (what seemed to me) a better fence system.

#2 ·
I don't know ... why ???? They are same price...sometimes really I don't understand companies price politics...

I don't know Delta 36-725
I have no experience about it...

My personal choose is DEWALT DWE7491 RS..

BOSCH 1400-10 is volume control buton..

Are you sure write to correct numbers ????

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Different profit margins for different companies branding, and trying to keep a competitive price My bet is that either the DeWalt or Bosch was released first at a low price and Delta lowered theirs to be competitive, or the Delta launched at a higher price, one of the other two undercut the price and Delta lowered in response. The Delta i know used to go for $699.

Also, i own the Delta, and i can vouch for it. Its a fantastically good saw for the price

#5 ·
Sorry if this offends anyone, but I would stay away from what I term "consumer" machines.

I recommend these 3 features: an induction motor, cast iron trunnions, trunnions mounted directly to tabletop, not the frame.

If you'll look closely most of these machines are direct drive motors (translation low hp), in reality just a little better than a circular saw. You will also see some with stamped steel trunnions and minimal, lightweight cast iron in the top.

The fence systems have come a long way, even the cheapest saws have fairly decent fences, but IMO you just can't beat a Beismeyer.

This said, depending on what you're doing, your budget and your personal philosophy regarding tools, one of these saws may be all you need.

#6 ·
Pretty sure the Delta has all 3 of those things actually, including a very serviceable Beismeyer clone for a fence. What you described as a consumer saw is more associated with contractor- or portable-type saws, the small ones designed more for moving from job to job over perfect accuracy. The hybrid-style saws, like the Delta, share a lot of the same features as the lower end cabinet saws, and work pretty well

#7 ·
Something to SERIOUSLY consider..................The length of the guide bar. Not the bar itself but what they refer to as "rip capacity"
If all you are going to do is jewelry boxes and small stuff, then any size will do. If you are going to make furniture then you will need at least a 50" Right Rip Capacity. Like anything else, you can get away with smaller, but to me the "50" is essential. You should be able to cut a 4' X 8" plywood in half.

#9 ·
Not if you also have a track saw. I have moved in this direction so I can do what I consider to be the awkward work of breaking down sheet goods with the track saw, then can focus on smaller stuff with the table saw. As such, I have negated the need for so much rip capacity, taking up much less shop floor space. Works for me, but as always...YMMV.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.