Table Saw - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 7 Old 12-29-2006, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

View fp home improv's Photo Album My Photos
Table Saw

Hello All,

What would you guys recommend for a portable table saw. I have seen the Bosch and Ridgid at Home depot. Anyone care to comment on things to look for or share their experince on what saws worked for them.
Thanks,

Frank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Forgotten but not gone

View TexasTimbers's Photo Album My Photos
The Bosch has won every last 10" bench top table saw shootout/review I have ever seen.
The Ridgid has made honorable mention/Best Buy palcements etc. as has the Dewalt.
I do not own a benchtop table saw but I find times when I need one. It's just a matter of time before I get one and when I do it will certainly be the Bosch.
Amazon runs sales occasionally where they throw in the heavy duty roll-around stand and saw together for $499.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-30-2006, 09:08 AM

View Hieny's Photo Album My Photos
I have used 3 different newer model brands ( Dewalt,Bosch,Craftsman). Of the 3 the Bosch IMO is the best with the Dewalt a close second. The Bosch comes with a great collapsible stand. While the Dewalt has a really nice micro adjustment knob. The Craftsman is powerful but has a very unstable stand while cutting any type of sheet goods and its table sliding cut adjustment is just terrible . Get the Bosch . Just my 2 cents!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 12-30-2006, 02:25 PM
Senior Sawdust Producer

View Leo G's Photo Album My Photos
Man, I must have gotten a lemon DeWalt. I wouldn't recommend the DeWalt to anyone and consider it my worst purchase to date . I have heard good things about the Bosch and the Ridgid.

Measure Twice Cut Once -- It's a lot easier to cut more off then it is to cut MORON.
Finishing is 3 parts chemistry and 1 part VooDoo http://lrgwood.com
post #5 of 7 Old 12-30-2006, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

View fp home improv's Photo Album My Photos
Thanks !! -Table Saw

Thank you all very much for your input.
It has been helpful.

Happy New Year !!!

Frank
post #6 of 7 Old 01-04-2007, 11:43 PM

View ARCS's Photo Album My Photos
I've got the rigid and sitting next to the bosch, the bosch comes close but it does not compare. They both have really nice stands, powerful motors, and are durable, but the table adjustment on the rigid is way better when you have to slice a sheet of plywood or something large, and the fence seems to be much more accurate. I would put both of those in the 2 top picks for portable saws, and would not recommend the dewalt to my worst enemy.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-07-2007, 07:05 PM

View troubleseeker's Photo Album My Photos
Everything I have read about the Bosch is positive, it is just so bulky for a "portable" saw. I have had a Dewalt for several years, and although it is a couple pounds heavier tham most, it is fairly compact.. and the fence is a pleasure. Also have a MAkita, great motor, but typical portable saw piece of junk fence. I just recently bought the new more compact Dewalt with 16" capacity.Have not had it long enough to comment on long term, but like it's big brother, that fence is great.

troubleseeker
renovation carp; NO,LA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode