Table for a circular saw and a router - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 11-06-2018, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

View theoneandonly's Photo Album My Photos
Question Table for a circular saw and a router

I have a circular saw (Bosch GKS 190), and I intend to buy a router, but only if there is a table were I can mount both of them, I know that Kreg make tables for routers, I'm wondering if there is an equivalent table for circular saws. Put it another way, I need a circular saw, a router, a table saw and a router table, but I don't have the budget for all of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-06-2018, 08:36 PM

View Terry Q's Photo Album My Photos
You may want to look at this triton modular system
http://www.tritontools.com/en-GB/Pro...ntre%20Systems

In woodworking there is always more then one way to accomplish something.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-06-2018, 08:46 PM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
Think modular!

I would go to the box store and get 4 pieces of Birch plywood cut to 30" or 27" X 18" wide.... all the same. Then make a 1 X 2 frame around each panel to make it stiff and for support. Now you can arrange them in any order you wish. For supports use two saw horses with long 2" X 4" underneath in notches or get the work tables with the notches molded in... Stanley? Then you can attach them together using 1/4" bolts.
https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Hawk-Pla...70_&dpSrc=srch

For the circular saw, drill 4 small 1/8" diameter holes in the base that are easy to get to. Line up the base edge so it's parallel to the frame you made. Screw it down with the blade in the center of the panel. Then turn the saw on and lower the blade through the panel so it's exposed on the other/top side.

For the router, locate the hole for the bit in the center of the panel and drill a hole from 1" to 1/1/2" in diameter for the largest bit you will use. Center and attach the router base using "Z" clamps or screws through the base.

For a fence, use a straight edge locking bar clamp that has a handle at one end with your push down and it tightens against the panel and frame. You can make a series of parallel lines on the panels using a drywall "T" square for reference when setting the fence OR use two stick down measuring tapes, one at the rear and one at the front. Now slide the bar clamp to what ever dimension you want at both ends and tighten it down.... no further measuring needed. More than one clamp will work, one for the saw, and one for the router.

Low budget and minimum labor to build, but very versatile, and can be disassembled easily for storage. I should have made one like this when I was starting out. Use a power strip switch rated at 15 AMPs to control each tool separately, one for each. Do not reach under the tables to turn them on and off, use a switch you can easily reach from above.

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)

Last edited by woodnthings; 11-06-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode