Sears Craftsman table saw model #9 25963 - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 8 Old 06-14-2017, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

View Gina N Red Scott's Photo Album My Photos
Sears Craftsman table saw model #9 25963

Hi there, just purchased what I guess is a vintage table saw that you attach a saw underneath to make it a table saw. No manual came with it, and am struggling with putting it together. Contacted Craftsman and have searched endlessly on the internet for one and can't find a manual. Any ideas, or anybody out there have a copy of this manual?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1549_1497493656780.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	299994  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1548_1497493676795.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	300002  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-14-2017, 10:49 PM
Interested Observer

View subroc's Photo Album My Photos
try 25965
post #3 of 8 Old 06-15-2017, 12:53 AM
Generic Weeb

View WeebyWoodWorker's Photo Album My Photos
Do you have the correct saw that goes with this table? That might narrow the search a bit.

Time and titles do not matter in the bonds between people. - Tomoyo Sakagami (Clannad After Story)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-15-2017, 02:41 AM

View allpurpose's Photo Album My Photos
You know what? My dad had one of those years ago although I'm not sure if it was a craftsman model or not, but you just clamped a circular saw under it and you were in business. Nice gizmo to have handy.. If memory serves it could also be used for a router table as well. Ours was somewhere back in the mid to late 70s..

Parts diagram.. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/mode...7/0744600.html
That's all I can find on it, not a hell of a lot of help, but if I remember right you used a couple of flathead bolts that go in from the holes in the top and just bolt up a couple of steel bars from underneath to hold the foot plate in place. It's not the safest setup they ever came up with, but for lightweight cutting it worked.

I figured it's time to change my signature so hold your breath. This is it.
Impressive, huh?

Last edited by allpurpose; 06-15-2017 at 02:53 AM.
post #5 of 8 Old 06-15-2017, 08:35 AM

View Pineknot_86's Photo Album My Photos
Just do a search for Sears manuals or something similar. I have found manuals online before. Got one for an old Troybilt mower that I had once.

A diamond is how coal reacts under pressure.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-15-2017, 08:48 AM

View woodchux's Photo Album My Photos
Hopefully you have ALL the piece parts for that table as described by allpurpose, or you may have to fabricate "steel bars" and purchase some flathead bolts. It appears to be a good setup table/circular saw for those that make light weight small crafting items. Be safe.
post #7 of 8 Old 06-15-2017, 10:44 AM

View allpurpose's Photo Album My Photos
Pretty sure you understand what i meant by flathead bolt, but just in case it's one of these dohickies..
If I remember right it used 4 of them and take your time aligning the blade with the fence as close as possible and make darn sure it's nice and snug. I can't think of much less fun than having a running circular saw flopping around on the floor in front of you..

I figured it's time to change my signature so hold your breath. This is it.
Impressive, huh?
post #8 of 8 Old 06-18-2017, 01:29 AM

View Cattress's Photo Album My Photos
I have one of those

Last week my Mom bought me a Craftsman circular saw (model 315.10864) mounted to that exact same table for $10 at a secondhand store. It's in good condition, so we figured we couldn't go wrong for ten bucks. I am totally new to circular saws, and the only thing I knew was to make sure it's lubricated, clean, and the wiring is in good condition.
I just figured out how to take the saw off the table so i could clean all the sawdust off, but I can take some close up pictures as I put it back together and share them. 'm not sure if this is the complete table though. The saw has a way to adjust the bevel of a cut (I think this is called a scale- but please correct me if I'm wrong) but it is firmly stuck at zero degrees and 'm not sure how to loosen it correctly. The table itself does not have the bevel adjustment that appears in pictures of similar setups.
I have figured out how to raise and lower the depth of a cut at least. The wrench that is used to change the blade was missing, so I'm not sure if I can use crescent wrench, or need a specialized tool. Both the table and the saw are pretty heavy so I hope I don't need to take the saw into a store to fit it.
There are 5 triangular shaped braces that fit over 5 bolts on the underside of the table that can be turned to fit different brand of saws and tightened into position, so no need to drill into the table. I noticed that mine have some slight bends in their shape but I don't think their strength is compromised for future use.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode