Woodworking Talk banner

Scroll Saw Blades

5K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Gerry KIERNAN 
#1 ·
I have just purchased a Dremel scroll saw, and I would like to find a good source for scroll saw blades of decent quality, at bulk prices. Any suggestions, or links?

Thanks

Gerry:smile:

#7 ·
Don't wish to sound like a dolt, but #5 of which blade number. For general try out purposes, what would you recommend for a start out selection? Types, and TPI. I was thinking of a dozen of each to try so I can decide which work best. I am thinking I would not be using really fine blades, but tend more toward the medium and coarser blades.

Thanks

Gerry:smile:

#10 ·
Gerry - I think that would be the best idea. We all use a saw difference and like anything else - what I like may not suit you. The sample pack is the way to go. Then you could find which ones you like and order them by the gross. I know in the sample pack I purchased there was one that I did not use - but I can not remember which one it was. Anyhow you will like them - and Mike Moorlach is a great guy! I can not remember what I did but he called me and asked about it - now that is what I call service - I am sure the call was more than what he made in profit from my little purchase.

#11 ·
Thank-you very much for your input Larry. It definitely sounds like Mike has a good attitude toward his customers. When you order by the gross, just out of curiosity, how long does the gross last you. When I purchased the Dremel from the Home Depot one of the staff said he ordered his by the gross also. He indicated he was a scroll saw fanatic.

Gerry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.