Saw Upgrade - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 08-16-2018, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

View crazy8's Photo Album My Photos
Saw Upgrade

I have a Craftsman model 113 table saw and I am thinking about getting something that would be an upgrade. I put some love into this saw, but I want something that might be a little better. I have someone who will buy it from me for $250 so I am thinking of getting a saw in the $250-300 price range. I think the one thing I want is a saw that comes with a good/nice fence. The one on mine is OK, but I know there's better out there.

My Craftsman https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/a...671960321.html

I'm just looking for recommendations on a quality 10" table saw that would fall into that price range. It doesn't have to be portable, but if it is, it is. I ha e heard Delta makes a good saw and I think I've heard that pretty much anything Porter Cable is good, but that might just be because of the people I have talked to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-16-2018, 03:06 AM
Village Idiot

View epicfail48's Photo Album My Photos
Youll have a hard time finding an upgrade for your craftsman in that price range. Honestly, that craftsman IS the upgrade in that range. Anything else in that price bracket is going to be a portable saw, and likely not a good one at that. A step up would be something like a Delta 36-725:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/DELTA-10-in...e-Saw/50081568

Youd keep the cast iron top of the craftsman, and gain one of the best fences you can find on a saw

I need cheaper hobby
etsy.com/shop/projectepicfail
post #3 of 3 Old 08-16-2018, 08:44 AM

View JIMMIEM's Photo Album My Photos
I have a Craftsman 113 ts too. I put a Delta T2 fence on it. I upgraded the pulleys, added PALS, and a link belt. If your fence is the only problem you can get a good one in the $150 range. These 113 saws can be very good. My only complaint is my 'underpowered' 1 hp motor, but I've been able to rip 8/4 red oak with no problem.
If somebody is willing to give you $250 for it they probably realize that they're getting a good saw at a good price.
I just went back and looked at your Craigslist ad. I had that same fence.....an upgraded fence made all the difference.

Last edited by JIMMIEM; 08-16-2018 at 08:49 AM. Reason: add info

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode