Routerbitworld Customer Service - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 7 Old 09-26-2015, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

View jg2259's Photo Album My Photos
Routerbitworld Customer Service

Routerbitworld CS

I recently purchased a 6" Freud Dial-A-Width Dado Set SD-606 from routerbitworld.com, through Amazon. I was anxious to get the set because my CMT set was creating major blowout on my purpleheart box joints. I have time restrictions on this project and was glad the item was delivered 3 days before the quoted delivery date. I was very upset when I opened the package to find a Freud SD-206 dado set which I think is one of the lower priced, lower quality sets. I figured I would try the set anyway just to see if it would suffice for my project.
While it did perform well, it made me realize that I wanted my original choice of a Dial-A-Width Set, eliminating the need of messing with shims. I also realized that it would be nice to have the 8" set instead of 6".
I sent an email to routerbitworld explaining their mistake and my situation. Their immediate response was apologizing for the mistake, telling me I could try the SD-206, and if I liked it, that I could keep it and they would refund all my money for the more expensive SD-606, and only charge me $40 for the SD-206, which is half of it's $80 original price. Or I could return it and they would knock $100 off of the SD-606.
When I told them I was interested in the 8"SD-608, they told me that wouldn't be a problem, and they would still only charge me the price of the 6" model minus $100 for my trouble. They refunded my money and shipped the 8" SD-608 immediately. I can't wait to receive my new dado set, and I have vowed to now purchase all my blades, bits, etc. from routerbitworld.
I just cannot say enough about how much good customer service sways my purchasing decisions.
I just thought I would pass on a good experience, among a world of poor customer service from many other companies.

Jim
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jg2259 For This Useful Post:
Maylar (10-07-2015), mengtian (09-26-2015), MEP1 (10-07-2015), michaelpugh (09-26-2015), mikeswoods (09-26-2015), rcp612 (09-27-2015), sweensdv (09-26-2015), Toolman50 (09-26-2015), Waterloo (09-28-2015), woodchux (09-27-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-26-2015, 11:39 AM
RAM Man

View sweensdv's Photo Album My Photos
I always like hearing positive feedback about a company. We usually only hear about bad customer service from a company, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I at least seem to remember the positive reviews more often than the negative. I've never dealt with routerbitworld in the past but now I may in the future.

Dave

Life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-26-2015, 01:24 PM

View FrankC's Photo Album My Photos
Good to hear a positive review of a company, I would like to think there are a lot of good companies out there, we just don't hear about them.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something -Plato

FrankC
http://sawdustmaking.com
http://woodworkerglossary.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-26-2015, 07:09 PM

View mikeswoods's Photo Album My Photos
I need some shop supplies--I will definitely look into that outfit.--
post #5 of 7 Old 09-26-2015, 10:44 PM
Pain in the A$$

View Burb's Photo Album My Photos
Last year I ordered a 3-piece CMT bit set from them. Before my estimated ship date, I received an email from them saying it was back ordered to Italy, and that no distributors in the US had it. They offered to ship me a different brand more expensive set as a replacement with no additional $$ and would even swap later if I didn't like it. They definitely have great customer service.

Mark

"Measuring is the enemy of accuracy." Chris Schwartz
The Following User Says Thank You to Burb For This Useful Post:
mikeswoods (09-27-2015)
post #6 of 7 Old 10-04-2015, 06:29 PM

View Burt's Photo Album My Photos
I have bought all my router bits from RouterBitWourld just because their customer service and price are the best. Once, I ordered the wrong profile of bit and he immediately sent me the one I should of originally ordered. Great people to due business with.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-07-2015, 04:39 PM

View mmwood_1's Photo Album My Photos
Good to know, thanks for the info.. I will add that I have also had excellent customer service from Whiteside.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode