Router Table for DeWalt DW618 combo kit - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 7 Old 12-26-2007, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

View kascoop's Photo Album My Photos
Router Table for DeWalt DW618 combo kit

Hubby has the Dewalt DW618pk combo pack. Need suggestions as to what router table will work with this and also a decent one. They do not sell DeWalt tables locally. Was thinking of Rockler, Bosch, or Benchdog or any other decent suggestion...

Although building one is preferable I'd like to purchase.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-26-2007, 04:32 PM

View woodman42's Photo Album My Photos
Welcome to the site kascoop!
Most router tables come with a plate that have the correct mounting holes for a wide variety of routers.
If your husband has a large enough table saw you might also consider a table extension with a router lift. I have one and it works really well for me.

Did you say tool sale?
post #3 of 7 Old 01-02-2008, 03:31 PM

View jeepme79's Photo Album My Photos
I have the same Router kit, and after shopping around quite a bit, have decided on the Bosch RA1181 table from Home Depot. It may not be the best out there, but for the price, it works for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Andrew Close

View aclose's Photo Album My Photos
i have the DeWalt 618 Router
it will fit any router table with a plate made for the standard Porter Cable routers. Porter Cable appears to be the industry standard when looking for plates, tables, lifts, etc.
hopefully that helps.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-23-2011, 09:01 AM

View Doug5590's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kascoop View Post
Hubby has the Dewalt DW618pk combo pack. Need suggestions as to what router table will work with this and also a decent one. They do not sell DeWalt tables locally. Was thinking of Rockler, Bosch, or Benchdog or any other decent suggestion...

Although building one is preferable I'd like to purchase.

Thanks
Go to Rockler woodworking web site they have tables and plates for the DeWalt DW618 combo I just got one and was looking for the same thing. Thay have store in most large citys and a great web site.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-25-2017, 01:50 PM

View Chuck havers's Photo Album My Photos
i have the Dewalt DW618 router and the Bosch RA1181 router table. I followed the directions to mount the fixed base router on the table, it showed using Hole pattern B, mounting type 1 but the holes for the #8 screws did not line up, did you have the same problem and any thoughts to correct it?
post #7 of 7 Old 01-25-2017, 04:44 PM

View hawkvtx's Photo Album My Photos
I have the same combo kit and was searching for a table as well. As a novice wasn't sure what to get even though I looked at options from most of the sites and manufacturers listed above. Then I found a Ryobi router table with router at a pawn shop for $100. So this worked out well for me. The Ryobi table is just so-so and could use a new plate, the fence kinda sucks too but the router that was already mounted is great, (though I'm not crazy about changing bits on it). Anyway now I have two routers...my Dewalt combo that has the regular and plunge bases and the Ryobi. So I don't have to mount and then remount the router depending on the use. Might be worth looking into. Check your local pawn shops or even Craigs list and ebay and you might luck up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode