replacement blade guard for Delta 34-410 contractor's saw? - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 02-23-2014, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

View sroof's Photo Album My Photos
replacement blade guard for Delta 34-410 contractor's saw?

Can anyone recommend a possible replacement blade guard/splitter assembly for a Delta Model 10 (Model 34-410) contractor's saw?

According to the manual, the original blade guard and splitter assembly mounted in two places: a splitter bracket under the table behind the blade, and on a shaft that extends from the trunion bracket out the back of the saw. I've been using the saw for 10+ years without the assembly, but now getting older/wiser(?), so thinking it should have some kick-back protection.

I am willing to purchase a new blade guard assembly if I have a reasonable chance of modifying/tweaking it to fit. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-23-2014, 11:54 PM
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE

View BassBlaster's Photo Album My Photos
If I couldnt find a stock splitter for my saw, Id go this route....

http://microjig.com/products/mj-spli...ro/index.shtml

RRBrown, knottscott and many others were banned, they didn't just leave. They were banned for standing up to the new owners that are destroying this site. Come join us all at woodworking chat, the best new woodworking site on the net!!
post #3 of 4 Old 02-24-2014, 12:13 AM
Sawdust Wrangler

View mobilepaul's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroof View Post
Can anyone recommend a possible replacement blade guard/splitter assembly for a Delta Model 10 (Model 34-410) contractor's saw?

According to the manual, the original blade guard and splitter assembly mounted in two places: a splitter bracket under the table behind the blade, and on a shaft that extends from the trunion bracket out the back of the saw. I've been using the saw for 10+ years without the assembly, but now getting older/wiser(?), so thinking it should have some kick-back protection.

I am willing to purchase a new blade guard assembly if I have a reasonable chance of modifying/tweaking it to fit. Any suggestions?
Thanks
try this and email Lee, he will let you know what you need
http://www.thesharkguard.com/sharkunisaw.php
AND you get great overblade dust collection too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-24-2014, 12:50 AM

View jigs-n-fixtures's Photo Album My Photos
I replaced the stock one on mine with a Biesemyer splitter and guard system.

I might still have the stock one sitting around in the shop. I'll look for it if you would like. If you send me a pm I'll take a look. They also show up on eBay from time to time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode