Woodworking Talk banner

Questions on tools i just purchased.

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  JohnK007 
#1 ·
I just bought a bunch of tools at a estate sale because it was a good deal but now i need to get some information on them. i would apprecite any and all feed back. Relevant pricing or what they are worth would be a great help.

What i have-
Delta Model 10 deluxe radial arm saw model (33-990)
Delta 10" Contractor saw with a 30" Unifence and a 34-915 table.
Delta 6" Professional Jointer Model 37-195
Delta Wood Shaper Model 43-122
Grizzly Auto Vac Serial # 8852929

Thanks again for your help.

#3 ·
phinds, perhaps. Of course he COULD have been wanting to know for insurance reasons. What is the replacement value of whatever. A solid idea if you ask me.

Unfortunately I can't answer the questions but they are legit.. Can anyone help the OP?

#4 ·
phinds, perhaps. Of course he COULD have been wanting to know for insurance reasons. What is the replacement value of whatever. A solid idea if you ask me.

Unfortunately I can't answer the questions but they are legit.. Can anyone help the OP?
good point and I agree ... it didn't occur to me but I would think that if that was his rationale, he would have said so.

#6 ·
Condition is a big factor in value, but a general rule of thumb is about 50% of the going replacement value, then adjust accordingly depending on age, condition, included features, extras, and original quality level.

The 37-195 tended to sell in the $500-$600 range, but I've seen it on sale for as low as $322 new. It's still available as the 37-275x....same machine.

The 34-915 with the Unifence would probably have sold in the $600-$800 range new, depending on whether the wings were steel or solid cast iron.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.