Porter-Cable 330 Speed-Bloc sander - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 1 Old 04-21-2009, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

View Yohy's Photo Album My Photos
Porter-Cable 330 Speed-Bloc sander

I have a Porter-Cable 330 Speed-Bloc sander that has developed, over the last few years, an issue with RPMs. As I work in an unheated garage, during the winter months, at start up, it takes a while to reach full speed. This issue now even occurs during the warmer months (I live in Maine so “warmer” is relative). I have pulled it apart and everything looks OK, brushes are fine and I blew out all of the accumulated dust.

Can anyone advise as to what the issue is and what needs to be replaced? This sander is over 20 years old and had been at my side on every project during those years. It is the first sander I reach for and I would love to get it back to 100 percent.

Thanks for your suggestions/comments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode