Woodworking Talk banner

New toys are in the garage!

4K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  marly 
#1 ·
I picked up my new Delta Unisaw, Jet Dust Collector and Jet Filtration unit today in the truck. :thumbsup: Everything is unloaded now, except for the main table saw pallet. I am going to see if I can rent a forklift locally to get it out or I will use 4 to 6 friends. Here are pictures:

I am sleeping on unloading the last part below. Tomorrow I will call to see if I can rent the forktruck. Any other suggestions are welcome.

See less See more
#2 ·
Nothing like that new toy smell...!!! Isn't it amazing how we still get excited like kids at Christmas?

I bought similar toys back in December. Mine were a Powermatic PM2000, Grizzly jointer, bandsaw and dust collector.

I'm reliving it through your recent purchase.

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

#3 ·
New day and a solution at hand to get the saw out of the truck with two people. I am going to rent a material lift from a local rental place with which I can get the saw out of the truck. I will then lower it onto some wood blocks so I can pull the lift out from under it leaving it a few inches off the ground. Tilt it to one side and remove the block or put a smaller one under it and repeat with the other side until it is on the garage floor.

#4 ·
Congrats on the toys!!

My garage is unfinished so I just used a chain hoist on the joists with nylon straps and did it myself. Used the same rig for my jointer and table saw and cast iron table extensions.

Anyways, have fun gettin it set up and cut some stuff :yes:

Robert

#8 ·
The Unisaw and dust collector are assembled. The blade and angle gauge were perfect as shipped. The blade was 5 thousandths from being parallel to the miter slot. I got it to between 1 and 2 thousandths. One extension wing is leveled and coplanar with the saw. Need to finish making the table side wing coplanar and the making the table level. Lastly, I need to check that the fence is parallel with the miter slot. I will have pictures when I am done.

#9 ·
Congrats on the new toys! I was going to ask if you got the Unisaw in left or right tilt, but after doing a little research it doesn't look like Delta even offers a right tilt anymore. I also see that Delta offers a riving knife as an accessory. Wonder if it would retrofit on my 80's vintage Uni. Looking forward to a complete review of your Unisaw when you get everything squared away.

#12 ·
JohnK007 said:
Congrats on the new toys! I was going to ask if you got the Unisaw in left or right tilt, but after doing a little research it doesn't look like Delta even offers a right tilt anymore. I also see that Delta offers a riving knife as an accessory. Wonder if it would retrofit on my 80's vintage Uni. Looking forward to a complete review of your Unisaw when you get everything squared away.
I believe the delta riving knife only fits the new Unisaw, which is left tilting only. Delta has a couple of different thickness riving knives to accommodate different kerf blades.

#16 ·
Haven't cleaned the top yet, but plan to tomorrow. No real hurry yet since I need to run the 240. I am tired of electricians not calling back, so I am going to do it myself.

Here is the Jet 1200 CFM Vortex Dust Collector:

The Unisaw with the top yet to be cleaned and the blade below the top to accomplish that task tomorrow:

Both of them as partners:

I didn't post a picture of the air filtration unit since it is still in the box due to needing to put in shelving first.

I do need to put a different lens on the camera since the ultra wide angle lens is causing straight edges to seem like they are leaning. :eek:

#18 ·
You've got some mighty fine tools there! Get a couple more panels to hold all the other tools your gonna need,unless you have them hidden some where.Whats your first project gonna be?

#19 ·
The other tools are behind me in the picture and and to the right in a large rolling tool cabinet. See the below thread:

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f2/reconfiguring-my-garage-workshop-24913/

As to floor tools, I determined replacing my contractor table saw and adding a dust collector were most important. A drill press will be next in a few months followed by a bandsaw then a joiinter and planer. It will take a while to accumulate the floor model tools I want. Hand tools are already covered.

The first project with this table saw is a gun cabinet.

#22 ·
Sooooo, was it worth the wait? I know, stupid question. It looks very nice...too nice. Now get some sawdust on it.

Is the gun cabinet going to be used to house the tool protection devices?

Congrats man, I am happy for you. I know how it felt when I started gettin my good stuff not too long ago. Have fun.

Robert

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.