Well, I finally finished setting up my new G0490 Grizz Jointer. It hasn't been smooth, though. When it came in and I had it assembled, I found the motor was bad (it had a bad shutter when it powered down). We even discussed it on the forum at that time and though maybe it wasn't tensioned properly. Turned out to be the motor. Anyway Griz was pleasant and accomodating and sent me a new motor. I noticed the cover of the small electrical box on the new motor was quite dented, so before installing it, I decided to swap the cover from the original motor for the dented cover (BTW, the shipping box on the second motor was not damaged on the outside). When I removed the cover on the motor replacement, I found the capacitor inside demolished! Aargh!f Ok, another call to Griz. Again they were pleasant and accomodating. We discussed the options and given the size and weight of the motor, I offered to just sawp the capacitors. They shipped me a new capacitor. OK, after removing the original motor, opening up the electrical box, opening the new motor, replacing the capacitor and remounting and recovering all the electrical boxes, my jointer now runs as it should. Some comments here:
1. I think this problem could have happened to any make of equipment - so I don't think it's a problem with Grizzly, per se.
2. Grizzly was more than accomodating in shipping and replacing needed parts.
3. They should hire me to service their equipment in the North East - just kidding.
4. The beds on this are super easy to adjust.
5. The jointer is far easier than I had thought to move around with the built in base.
6. I may have bought more jointer than I had room for. Where I have put it for now is an experiment until I joint a few boards to see if it's comfortable there. With a 76" Bed, it's a bit bigger than I pictured in my mind. After settling on a location I'll run the duct work from my dust collection to it.
A couple of pics here detailing the assembly process.
I have other Grizz stuff like a cabinet saw, drill press and other assorted things and I think they handled this correctly. Despite taking nearly a month to get it up and running, I think I got a pretty nice jointer sitting there