New drill press - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Echo415

post #1 of 5 Old 02-11-2019, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

View mjadams61's Photo Album My Photos
New drill press

Well I been putting off in getting a drill press since my old one finally quit because I would like to get a jointer first :). But with some of the small projects and such I need a drill press so I broke down and got the skill 10 inch 3320-01. I thought of a floor model but Anthony made a flip top bench for his father-in-law for the same drill press plus his 9 inch bandsaw and wow it look good so I am going to do the same get both my 9 inch bandsaw and 10 inch drill press off my bench. Now waiting on it to get ship to store at my home depot.

Marlin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-20-2019, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

well I got the skil 3320 got it put together and power it on. Will give a good review later. I been having back pain for over 30 years but here lately its been getting to the point I am not sleeping well so went in a month ago to a spine doc and they did some x-rays and a MRI and wow got some broken bones in my lower back. So going in for surgery march 5th but wont be able to lift over 10 pounds for 10 weeks they said afterwards so that sucks. But after that will get back to woodworking and give my new drillpress a proper workout and a review.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190220_132832488.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	294.4 KB
ID:	372133  

Marlin

Last edited by mjadams61; 02-20-2019 at 02:57 PM.
post #3 of 5 Old 02-20-2019, 05:09 PM

View Echo415's Photo Album My Photos
I have a floorstanding press and a benchtop...I haven't needed my bigger press in over a year and it's to the point where I might sell it. That one should serve you well unless you plan on spinning large forstner bits or getting into metalworking.

Start a collection of woodworking books and magazines to read while you're recovering...maybe that 10 weeks could be spent dreaming up the next 10 years worth of projects you want to accomplish(Beer and netflix works too).
mjadams61 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-20-2019, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo415 View Post
I have a floorstanding press and a benchtop...I haven't needed my bigger press in over a year and it's to the point where I might sell it. That one should serve you well unless you plan on spinning large forstner bits or getting into metalworking.

Start a collection of woodworking books and magazines to read while you're recovering...maybe that 10 weeks could be spent dreaming up the next 10 years worth of projects you want to accomplish(Beer and netflix works too).
Way ahead of you on the books :)

Marlin
post #5 of 5 Old 05-12-2019, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Okay got past the 10 pound limit and up to 45 pounds :). But I cannot bend over until my doc and physical therapist says I can :(. Started physical therapy and after I felt kinda funny and they had me sit down and the check my blood pressure and wow 195 over 86, Scared the heck out of my wife and my physical therapist enough they convice me to let them put me in a wheel chair to wheel me to the hospital emergancy room since the hospital was just across the sidewalk from them.

Well after being in the emergancy room and after they got my blood pressure down especiall after it top out at 200 over 87 while I was on the hospital bed with all the stuff the like to hook up to you and the meds they pump into me and the prescriptions I would need to take if my blood pressure reachs over 180 again ( systolic or the upper number). So when I go back to physical therapy they going to check it after each excercise to see where it peak out and to avoid that excercise until we can figuire out why it bothers my blood pressure.

Marlin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode