Need help with my jointer - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 23 Old 12-07-2009, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
A_shop_and_a_Vette

View xphnmn's Photo Album My Photos
Need help with my jointer

Bought a used jointer but the fellow I bought it from didn't have the manual. It's a Craftsman model 113.206010. Sears has nothing on it (too old like me I guess). Searching the internet turned up nothing (OWWM etc.). I know it was made by Emerson tools for Sears but they have nothing either. Anybody got one of these that could copy the manual for me?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 12-07-2009, 09:58 AM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
I probably have a manual for it or close

What specifically did you need to know other than a list of parts that are no longer available through Sears...obsolete...you know. discountinued and all. 6 1/8" knives are available still. Setting the knives? Pulley sizes? Horse Power ...etc. I'll check my files. bill

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
post #3 of 23 Old 12-07-2009, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
A_shop_and_a_Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnthings View Post
What specifically did you need to know other than a list of parts that are no longer available through Sears...obsolete...you know. discountinued and all. 6 1/8" knives are available still. Setting the knives? Pulley sizes? Horse Power ...etc. I'll check my files. bill

Knife dimensions are my main concern. (length, width, thickness) although proper settings for them are important too. Other things would be motor specs, pulley sizes, lubrication, adjustments, etc. This machine is a little different than some I've looked at. For instance: The outfeed table is not adjustable and the fence uses swiveling levers instead of knobs for adjusting depth and tilt. FYI it's a 6 1/8" machine made probably by Emerson tools many years ago (the 113 prefix indicates Emerson) so possibly there would be an Emerson or Ridgid equivalent but if there is, I haven't been able to find this out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 12-07-2009, 01:20 PM

View clarionflyer's Photo Album My Photos
This may be a ridiculous question, but did you call Sears parts #?
I needed a part for a 1960's (probably B.C ) radial arm saw and they had it. I couldn't believe it. They even had a manual for it.

I have their 6" jointer, but mine is newer. Probably wouldn't help you much. But if I can help in any way, let me know.
Attached Images

post #5 of 23 Old 12-07-2009, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
A_shop_and_a_Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarionflyer View Post
I needed a part for a 1960's (probably B.C ) radial arm saw and they had it. I couldn't believe it. They even had a manual for it.

I have their 6" jointer, but mine is newer. Probably wouldn't help you much. But if I can help in any way, let me know.

I checked their website AND called them and she couldn't find anything on the model number. It's like it never existed. Thanks for the offer of help.
post #6 of 23 Old 12-07-2009, 06:38 PM
where's my table saw?

My Craftsman Jointer-Planer model 113.20621

Is probably pretty close to yours 113. 206010. The manual part no is 67004
There must be million of these out there I've seen them on Craig's list, but the manuals may be scarce.
I could probably make a copy and mail it to you if you have no luck otherwise. bill
BTW drop off the last "0" and see what shows up on the Sears site. These units are probably 40 to 50 yrs old.

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
post #7 of 23 Old 12-07-2009, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
A_shop_and_a_Vette

Quote:
Is probably pretty close to yours 113. 206010. The manual part no is 67004
There must be million of these out there I've seen them on Craig's list, but the manuals may be scarce.
I could probably make a copy and mail it to you if you have no luck otherwise. bill
BTW drop off the last "0" and see what shows up on the Sears site. These units are probably 40 to 50 yrs old.

I tried dropping the last zero and it came back not found. (sigh). Before you go to the trouble of copying and mailing your owner's manual, it might be helpful if I take a few pictues of my jointer and send them to you. That way you'll be able to see if there's enough similarity. BTW, I looked up p/n 67004 and it came back as no longer available so take good care of the one you have. I also looked up your model on the parts site and there are some similarities and a lot of differences. For instance the fence adjusments on yours appear to be on the left end and the back of the machine. On mine, both adjustments are on the back.Also, (I'm not sure about this) it looks like the motor on your machine mouts below the jointer. On mine, it's tucked up under the outfeed table and has a very short belt.

Last edited by xphnmn; 12-07-2009 at 07:53 PM.
post #8 of 23 Old 12-07-2009, 07:52 PM
where's my table saw?

By all means post the photos here

You may find someone with the same unit. bill

As far as adjustments and setting the knives all other things would be similar.

post #9 of 23 Old 12-07-2009, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
A_shop_and_a_Vette

Quote:
You may find someone with the same unit. bill

As far as adjustments and setting the knives all other things would be similar.

I'll take some pics tomorrow and put them up here.
post #10 of 23 Old 12-07-2009, 08:12 PM
where's my table saw?

Hey Flier

Quote:

I have the same looking jointer but my on-off switch is in the cabinet base. Just wondered how you like the "high five" switch? How do you "bump" it off in an emergency, with your forehead? bill
I often "bump" mine off with my knee, since it's the correct height. (for my knee)

Last edited by woodnthings; 12-08-2009 at 12:27 PM.
post #11 of 23 Old 12-08-2009, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
A_shop_and_a_Vette

Pictures of my jointer

Here's some pics of my jointer. Any help will be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Planer views 006.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	12148  

Name:	Planer views 007.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	12149  

Name:	Planer views 004.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	12150  

Name:	Planer views 005.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	12151  

Name:	Planer views 008.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	12152  

post #12 of 23 Old 12-08-2009, 12:29 PM
where's my table saw?

Sorry, Can't help with this one

Its newer than my old one and older than my new one. bill
There is a Craftsman Tool owners Club: http://www.craftsmantooltalk.com/BBS...lat-page1.html
Maybe they can help?

Last edited by woodnthings; 12-08-2009 at 12:35 PM.
post #13 of 23 Old 12-08-2009, 09:21 PM

View firehawkmph's Photo Album My Photos
Phoneman,
Just for carbon dating purposes, here's a few pics of my craftsmen jointer. I bought this about 30 years ago. My blade guard is broke, so it's not in the pictures.
Mike Hawkins
Attached Images

post #14 of 23 Old 12-08-2009, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
A_shop_and_a_Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawkmph View Post
Phoneman,
Just for carbon dating purposes, here's a few pics of my craftsmen jointer. I bought this about 30 years ago. My blade guard is broke, so it's not in the pictures.
Mike Hawkins

Looks like the same model as woodnthings has. He seems to think mine is newer than his but his jointer shows up on Sears parts direct. Mine doesn't!
post #15 of 23 Old 12-08-2009, 10:32 PM
where's my table saw?

MIke whats the model no of yours?

I know mine is much older, there's no switch on the unit. Mine looks older. Your's may not have a good model no. Best check it out. bill

post #16 of 23 Old 12-09-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
I have the same looking jointer but my on-off switch is in the cabinet base. Just wondered how you like the "high five" switch? How do you "bump" it off in an emergency, with your forehead? bill
I often "bump" mine off with my knee, since it's the correct height. (for my knee)

The switch sits beside my right elbow as I push boards through (I save my forehead for the wall, when I screw up a cut ). Great jointer except it's a couple inches too narrow .

Xphnmn, did your machine come with knives?
post #17 of 23 Old 12-09-2009, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
A_shop_and_a_Vette

Quote:
The switch sits beside my right elbow as I push boards through (I save my forehead for the wall, when I screw up a cut ). Great jointer except it's a couple inches too narrow .

Xphnmn, did your machine come with knives?

Yes, it has knives. Haven't pulled them out yet to measure them. I guess that will be my next step. Knives are pretty standard so if I know the measurements I should be able to get replacements.
post #18 of 23 Old 12-09-2009, 10:51 PM

Yep, about all you can do, I guess.
I've found the Sears jointer knives cheap both ways. Cheap to buy, nearly impossible to keep sharp (or chip free).
If you plan on doing a lot of jointing, I'd measure your knives and get them someplace other than Sears.
I can appreciate some of their stuff, but not their jointer knives.
Sorry about your jointer problems.
Dave
post #19 of 23 Old 12-09-2009, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
A_shop_and_a_Vette

Quote:
Yep, about all you can do, I guess.
I've found the Sears jointer knives cheap both ways. Cheap to buy, nearly impossible to keep sharp (or chip free).
If you plan on doing a lot of jointing, I'd measure your knives and get them someplace other than Sears.
I can appreciate some of their stuff, but not their jointer knives.
Sorry about your jointer problems.
Dave

I've seen some good reviews on the high tungsten content knives from Holbren and at about $17.50 for a set of three, that seems pretty reasonable.
post #20 of 23 Old 11-15-2011, 07:28 PM

View jmickey's Photo Album My Photos
Craftsman 152.217060 Jointer

How do you raise and lower the infeed table.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode