need craftsman table saw motor - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 01-04-2010, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

View r0bb's Photo Album My Photos
need craftsman table saw motor

Im new to forum. looking for a motor for a craftsman table saw mdl.315.218290. There is no brand or numbers on the motor. cant find any on e-bay.Does anyone no where I can find a new or used one other than sears?

Thanks.

Last edited by r0bb; 01-04-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-04-2010, 01:43 PM

View Texas Sawduster's Photo Album My Photos
Sears

You can get a replacement motor from Sears. Just give them the model number of your saw and they will be able to accomodate you.
I would get the info off of the motor tag as well and give it to them.

Tools are like guns, You can never have enough.
Where did I put that tape measure???
post #3 of 5 Old 01-04-2010, 07:37 PM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
Robb

Motors are standardized, with respect to frame dimensions and shaft sizes, etc. So unless it's a built in motor, with no belt, you can use any brand of motor. Grizzly, Tractor Supply, Sears, Graingers, Nothern Tools all sell motors. For instance a Fema 56 frame is standard for fractional hp and motors under 3 hp if I recall correctly. bill

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-05-2010, 10:45 AM

View Texas Sawduster's Photo Album My Photos
Correct

Woodnthings is correct. I had forgotten about aftermarket motors. Tractor Supply is a good source. Just check the frame size on the tag of your current motor and buy accordingly with respect to voltage/HP/frame size. Dont forget about the shaft diameter. If you can't find the same shaft diameter you may have to go with a different drive pully on the motor.

Tools are like guns, You can never have enough.
Where did I put that tape measure???
post #5 of 5 Old 01-05-2010, 01:06 PM

View Dusty82's Photo Album My Photos
I just went through this with an old Craftsman 113.298720 TS.

The 1hp, 3450RPM Emerson #62618 motor is no longer made by Emerson, so I went with a brand new 1.5HP 3450RPM AO Smith, Century motor. The Century motor housing is about 1/4 inch shorter than the old Emerson, so I had to use the Century mount, but it will bolt right up to the Craftsman TS. I was able to use the old drive pulley on the new motor.

I got the Century motor for free last year from a guy who was trying to use it in high voltage mode for an HVAC fan motor, and couldn't get it to work. He bought a different motor and was going to chuck this one. I talked him out of it (which didn't take much,) switched it over for low voltage, and it works like a champ. Now as soon as I make room for this one, I'll have 4 table saws. I'm going to set this one up for cross-cutting and leave my Ridgid 3650 open for other things.

I never pass up cheap/free electric motors, which is a problem because now I have several that I really don't know what to do with. Something will come along though...

Its what you learn after you already know everything that counts. Chip Foose-

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode