Masterforce table saw - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Maintenance Man

post #1 of 5 Old 08-05-2018, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

View 1895's Photo Album My Photos
Masterforce table saw

How do. Don't see much here on table saws but also ain't been a member here very long. Mostly lookin for critiques on the masterforce contractor tablesaw. Bought one a year an a half ago an swapped out the old pos fence system for a delta t3. Little work but she bolted up fine. Put an older craftsman router table outside the wing with a makeshift angle iron pc. Connecting the rails. Not stumping for anybody but I'm running 24" oak boards under 1/64th an inch end to end with it. Diablo 40 tooth thin Kerf blade. I'm talkin 1/128th. Got it fully set up around Feb. Maybe, and kinda geeked about it. When I bought it I was hoping it was similar to the ridged saw. (15amp v13 amp) the original fence was worse than crap. The delta t3 though fixed that. Just curious though, anybody else bought one? any problems? Year an a half an this things a cabinet saw, whats the catch? Just like to hear someone's else's opinion on this saw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-05-2018, 06:33 AM

View GeorgeC's Photo Album My Photos
Lots of table saws discussed and cussed on here over the years. Do not remember a Masterforce being discussed.

George
post #3 of 5 Old 08-05-2018, 08:54 AM

View Maintenance Man's Photo Album My Photos
I have the Ridgid R4512. The Ridgid, Masterforce and Craftsman version are all basically the same saw. There is also another version in black under Dayton that I've seen for sale in the past on Walmart. The R4512 is probably the most popular out of them all.

I did the same thing this past winter and ditched the factory fence. While not completely horrible it left much to be desired. I bought a VerySuperCoolTools fence and made my own guide rails. Had them powder coated and made extension wings and outfeed table for it. It really did go from a pretty good saw to a pretty damn nice saw if I may say so. Wired it for 220v which does help shorten the wind up time. Makes it a bit easier on the motor. While I would go for a bit more horse in my dream saw, the 1 1/2 hp hasn't really been limiting on anything I've done so far. I'm happy with it and have less$ in it than a comparable cabinet saw. I can't say enough good things about the VSCT fence. I'd put it on just about any saw I can imagine. Best fence I've worked with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	saw3.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	364554  

Name:	saw2.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	364556  

Name:	saw4.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	364558  

sweensdv and woodnthings like this.

A handful of patience is worth a bushel of brains...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-05-2018, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

View 1895's Photo Album My Photos
Nice setup. Like the outfeed table. Wood wings a nice touch. Clean shop too. ( i need to use my broom more often)I had looked around and figgered them 3 were the same saw just minor differences an color. Was actually lookin at a ridged an seen Menards had em on sale. I think the fence is one of those differences. Aint got 220 in the garage an never really understood the benefits of it on a saw. Not really thought about it much though. Helps it run cooler makin the motor last seems significant though. Over all its a nice improvement over my old craftsman.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180805_011736_1533477035596.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	286.9 KB
ID:	364588  

post #5 of 5 Old 08-06-2018, 08:24 AM

View Maintenance Man's Photo Album My Photos
Thanks. I almost went with the T3 too, but after seeing how easy it would be to make my own rails I decided to go that route for the sole reason that I could make the rails as long as possible for my shop. I can get just past 36" rip to the right of the blade now. These are definitely one of the best bang for your buck saws you can get. I can see myself upgrading to a more powerful cabinet saw in the future but for now I'm very happy. Huge step up from the Ryobi contractor saw I used to use.

I can assure you the shop doesn't stay clean. It does get used..Lol... I sweep up every night as the shop also doubles as my home gym/workout space. The dust collection helps too.

A handful of patience is worth a bushel of brains...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode