Looking for a table saw bargain? - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 06-23-2010, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

View 604flyer's Photo Album My Photos
Looking for a table saw bargain?

Hey guys...are there any of you that are close to Newport News, VA and looking for a bargain on a new table saw? There's a Craftsman 22124 at a store there that's listed for $431.93. It's shown as being reconditioned, but it could be new in the original packing. I recently picked one up at a store in GA that was listed as reconditioned but it was brand spanking new for $475. I called the store and talked to them about it before paying for it. Hard to beat a price like that on a good hybrid saw. Here's the link for it if any of you are interested:

http://www.searsoutlet.com/10-in-Tab...edOnly#inv_top

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-24-2010, 05:22 PM

View AlWood's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by 604flyer View Post
Hey guys...are there any of you that are close to Newport News, VA and looking for a bargain on a new table saw? There's a Craftsman 22124 at a store there that's listed for $431.93. It's shown as being reconditioned, but it could be new in the original packing. I recently picked one up at a store in GA that was listed as reconditioned but it was brand spanking new for $475. I called the store and talked to them about it before paying for it. Hard to beat a price like that on a good hybrid saw. Here's the link for it if any of you are interested:

http://www.searsoutlet.com/10-in-Tab...edOnly#inv_top

Cheers!
hey, flyer, your post really turned me on, even though I am in Baltimore; I called them up, and it turns out that saw was a demo item, sitting on their floor for 7 years! The guy in tool dept even ventured as far as telling me that he wouldn't look second time at it. Gosh, within last few weeks I keep looking for exactly that saw, #22124; it was discontinued by Craftsman, and instead they are manufacturing that granite-top , #22116, and although they reduced that price on that one down to $800, I wouldn't care for that granite crap...

Lucky you, you get yours in a box, enjoy it now...

Al
post #3 of 4 Old 06-25-2010, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

View 604flyer's Photo Album My Photos
Aw shucks! I got lucky on my purchase and was hoping somebody else would too. I drove from the Charlotte area to Albany, GA to pick up mine, but it was worth the time and gas to do so. Too bad that one has been sitting out on the floor of the store for so long. I wonder how low they'll drop the price before it's all over with?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Old as dirt

View The Engineer's Photo Album My Photos
I just bought a very similar saw from Sears. I'm not going to post the link cause it is broken. Any way, this saw I bought has the cast iron table, 1 3/4 hp induction motor, 36" rip capacity right of blade. The saw normally lists for $690 but they had it for father's day special for $409. I can never get this saw to come up on Sear's web site except when it's on sale( which is about every other month). Its in the store in Franklin, Tennessee, where I bought mine, and right now it's $550. It's not as good as the saw you are looking at because the trunnion assembly is mounted on the table instead of the base, but it's a heck of a saw for the money. I am tickled pink with mine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode