Woodworking Talk banner

Kreg Router Table Owners Opinions: Kreg PRS1045

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  wjfeeney@hotmail.com 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm doing my homework trying to make the right decsion on a router table for my personal use. Talk about one of the more difficult decisions. I've been looking at the Incra LS, Woodpeckers, and Jessem.

I'm tight for space, the Incra LS is a big table. It's not exactly a easy table to fit into a small space.

I wanted to hear some honest feedback from anyone who owns or has used the larger Kreg PRS-1045. The Kreg table has a lot of good reviews. There's also some concerns raised about table flatness and issues with the getting the Fence in-line with the router bit.

Users/owners of Kreg Router tables, what is your thoughts on the Kreg Table system? Are you having issues with table flatness or lining-up the Kreg Fence with it's bit?

#3 ·
Well, there's only about 9 gazillion articles about building your own router table and probably as many YouTube videos.
I had thought about buying one then realized just how simple router table construction is..
I guess I ought to go ahead and build one and quit yammering on about it.. I have the yammering part down pat already..

#4 ·
Many woodworkers build their own router table/cabinet. You can buy it all complete or you can build it all. You can buy a top only. Tops are sold bare or complete with Miter slot, faceplate and fence.
One member of our forum sells plans to build a router table.
If you purchase a router table, it will usually come with a slick top surface and it will be flat.
A homemade fence can work as well as a purchased fence. It's all about the ease of set-up and change.
I don't recommend a lightweight counter top router table unless you are only routing very small pieces.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.