Jointer and Planer Help - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Catpower
  • 1 Post By GeorgeC

post #1 of 3 Old 07-09-2017, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

View clschaffer's Photo Album My Photos
Jointer and Planer Help

I've found myself at a loss. I'm looking to add a jointer and a planer to my shop. I found a Rikon 25-210 jointer/planer combo on Craigslist for $1,000, but I hear negative reports regarding the outfeed bed. Negative reports I've heard is that you'll need to adjust it fairly often depending on how often you change from jointer to planer. I guess it starts to tilt towards the blades. It's a good looking machine, I love the footprint as far as not taking up much shop space, but I don't know if it'd end up being a headache.

Next option is to purchase a jointer and a planer. I've been looking at the Ridgid JPO610 and seems to have very favorable reviews. I can pick it up on Craigslist anywhere from $350-$450. Regarding the planer I've had a few people recommend I get a Triton TPT125 from Rockler. I don't know anything about the planer, and can't seem to find much for reviews. YouTube has some, but they're not really detailed. Planer sells at Rockler for $349.99. Please let me know your experiences with the Triton, or a friends experience.

My budget has me at $1,000, so I'm there regardless which direction I go. I've looked at Grizzly's website and they have a Jointer/Planer 10" combo machine that appears nice, but I'm not sure what to think about the outfeed table issue. Please throw me some advice, thoughts and/or suggestions.

Thank You in Advance!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-09-2017, 11:32 AM

View Catpower's Photo Album My Photos
I would go with separate machines, I can't remember ever seeing a combo machine that did both operations as good as two single machines, they may be out there but most of them you have to reconfigure the machine to do both operations
clschaffer likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-09-2017, 12:10 PM

View GeorgeC's Photo Album My Photos
You can purchase a new jointer and a new planer for $1,000 or not much more.

George
clschaffer likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode