Jet Drum Sander - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 5 Old 01-02-2010, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

View TomC's Photo Album My Photos
Jet Drum Sander

Wondering if anyone has the Jet oscilating drum sander and can provide performance information. I have only seen it in adds. Looks like a good sander and currently on sale at Tool Zone.
Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-02-2010, 07:10 PM

View firehawkmph's Photo Album My Photos
Tom,
I saw a couple of utube videos on it and read some reviews. Those using it loved it. I almost bought one in november at our local woodcraft store. They had a jet sale going with 15% off on all the jet tools, so it would have been $1700. I went home for a couple of days to think about it. About then my maytag neptune pos washer went haywire, one of my bass amps blew up during practice, and my portion of my son's college tuition came due. So I held off. I would like to get one. Besides sanding glued up panels, it really does a nice job on figured woods that normally experience tearout when going through the planer.
I looked on tool zone. What kind of sale were they running on it, I didn't notice any.
Mike Hawkins
post #3 of 5 Old 01-02-2010, 09:55 PM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
Toolsplus anyone?

http://www.tools-plus.com/jet-659006k.html bill

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 01-03-2010, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawkmph View Post
Tom,
I saw a couple of utube videos on it and read some reviews. Those using it loved it. I almost bought one in november at our local woodcraft store. They had a jet sale going with 15% off on all the jet tools, so it would have been $1700. I went home for a couple of days to think about it. About then my maytag neptune pos washer went haywire, one of my bass amps blew up during practice, and my portion of my son's college tuition came due. So I held off. I would like to get one. Besides sanding glued up panels, it really does a nice job on figured woods that normally experience tearout when going through the planer.
I looked on tool zone. What kind of sale were they running on it, I didn't notice any.
Mike Hawkins
Mike,
I just looked on Toolzone and they are not showing a current special price. I looked a couple of days ago and the price including shipping with residental delivery with tailgate life service was $2009.
I am going to call tomorrow to see if they still have that price.
Tom
post #5 of 5 Old 01-03-2010, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Mike,
I just looked on Toolzone and they are not showing a current special price. I looked a couple of days ago and the price including shipping with residental delivery with tailgate life service was $2009.
I am going to call tomorrow to see if they still have that price.
Tom
I just went back to Tool Zone and looked at the sander again. Its states add it to your cart to get shipping price. When I did that the price comes up $1899 with $110 shipping with tailgate lift service for the total of $2009. Glad to see I am not losing my mind.
Tom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode