Jet Arbor Shaft - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 1 Old 04-22-2019, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

View Elden Cozort's Photo Album My Photos
Jet Arbor Shaft

A few months ago, I purchased a used Jet JTAS-10-1/3 Tilting Arbor Table Saw Model M-708510. (Right tilting)

The owner was selling it at a reasonable price as he said it had a slight vibration. Upon inspection, I concluded the bearings on the motor were probably at fault, so I replaced the bearings and the motor hummed smoothly.

I put the machine back together and long story short found that the arbor that was installed was for a left tilting saw. I contacted the seller and he admitted the original arbor shaft had been replaced. He offered to refund my money or reduce the price. I thought the saw was worth what I paid and that I could replace the arbor.

After several weeks searching the internet for the correct arbor shaft (The part is no longer available from Jet) I finally found an arbor shaft that matched the dimension of the shaft I had so I purchased it and installed it, saw now work great.

The other day I saw the left tilt arbor shaft sitting in a box. Out of curiosity I logged onto the Jet site to see if this arbor shaft was available. According to Jet and eReplacement--it is no longer available. Knowing how frustrated I was searching for an arbor shaft, I thought I should post.

I think this is part number JTAS10L-104; although my research found that several brands of table saws use a similar arbor shaft. I am including a picture of the left tilting arbor shaft with measurements.

If you or someone you know is in need of an arbor shaft, please contact me. I am not trying to make money on this part (maybe just recover some)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jet arbor shaft1.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	241.0 KB
ID:	374685  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode