Woodworking Talk banner

hitachi c10?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tito5 
#1 ·
Hey, anyone know much on the hitachi hybrid saw? came across one in my area havent seen it myself yet, but they are asking 200 and heres the kicker..its got a bisese on it..

i know these machines didnt have the riving knife yet, but was this before the pastic gearing of the portercable labeled version?
and can anyone speak of accuracy of these machines?

at this point i debate..buying it, putting my t-2 on it, putting the beise on my R4512..or selling the R4512 and keeping the c10 with the besie on it.

#2 · (Edited)
My preference is for the Biese over the T2, but the designs and function are similar. You'll find the Biese to be more robust (and heavier), so the weight may take some getting used to.

I'm not sure whether or not the C10FL had the plastic elevation gear....I googled it and found references to a plastic gear on Epinions.com, right here on Woodworkingtalk, and Fixya.com pretty quickly, so there are probably other reports. I was never overly impressed by the saw, but it was the lame fence that put me off the most. Which is better will always be a matter of opinion...my preference would be for the R4512 even without a riving knife, but that's a positive in itself. Whether or not it's worth getting the C10FL, and reselling it so you can end up with the Biese on your R4512 is up to you....dunno as though I'd bother if the T2 is working well for you, but I'm starting to get old and am running out of ambition for little things like that!

#3 ·
Hi!
Only mentioning this 'cause ya brought it up. Just hit the "big 60" today! (%^$^%*)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just a number, I know, but still a bit of a bummer :( .
Enjoy our wonderful pastime in wood, and never "stop chippen' 'till the the clock stops tickin'"!
Old fashioned ???????, just to say "thanks"?. Too many of my somewhat younger friends (still boomers) discourage me from (God forbid!) shaking hands with them, either coming or going!!!???!.
That's one of the first things my beloved late (woodworker) Dad taught me to do as a child...good 'nuff for him, good 'nuff for me!!!!!!
Scott...enjoy every minute of every day!!!!!! Many more to come!!!!!!
Best,
Vinny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.