Found a HDC 6" jointer - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chamfer

post #1 of 4 Old 04-02-2016, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

View hig789's Photo Album My Photos
Found a HDC 6" jointer

Found this today but really couldn't find anything on the brand. I did find that the BPJ-6 model number matches some craftsman models. Doesn't look like it was used very much at all and it's nice and solid cast iron. Price on it was $250 but he said he'd take $200 for it. Didn't negotiate anymore because I didn't know much about it. Just buy the way it looks and if it runs good I'd be in for about $150-$175 on it. Can anyone give me any advice or thoughts on it or the price.

Thanks

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-02-2016, 06:00 PM

View Chamfer's Photo Album My Photos
A quick google search finds that it's a company called Homier Distribution Company, which many resources claim to be basically the same quality as Harbor Freight.

That being said, if it operates fine and you can get it for $200 or less that's a fair deal IMO. The only thing to worry about would be replacement parts.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-02-2016, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

View hig789's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamfer View Post
A quick google search finds that it's a company called Homier Distribution Company, which many resources claim to be basically the same quality as Harbor Freight.

That being said, if it operates fine and you can get it for $200 or less that's a fair deal IMO. The only thing to worry about would be replacement parts.

Thanks. Yeah I saw the harbor freight link on Google. Figured that's where it came from by the brand name. From what I have seen the company made them for Craftsman, Buffalo and HDC. Seems like pretty decent quality for a possible HF machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-02-2016, 06:43 PM

View Chamfer's Photo Album My Photos
Yeah it's possible that some CM parts might fit but who knows. Still, for cast iron that runs and operates well it's a fair deal. I particularly like the unusually long fence for a 6".

GL!
hig789 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode