Fair price for Bench Dog Router Table w/lift and PC router... - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 06-23-2009, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

View Marv's Photo Album My Photos
Fair price for Bench Dog Router Table w/lift and PC router...

Well I am almost embarrassed to admit that I'm a cabinetmaker yet have no desire to build another router table for myself so I'm going to buy one. I found this like new with only a few test pieces run through it Bench Dog table that includes a lift and Porter Cable router (not sure if it's a 7518 with variable speed or 7519 without). The seller will "consider all reasonable offers" (has no asking price and says he originally paid $1200.00) and I'd like a deal of course however I don't want to insult the guy either so I was wondering what you guys would consider a good/fair price(?)
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-23-2009, 04:10 PM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
You really need the 7518

For a router table you'll need the variable speeds. Since the diameter of you cutters will vary between 3" to 3/4" and require different speeds to operate efficiently and without burning.... So, if it's not the 7518 I would pass it by. You can get the cast iron Bench Dog Pro, huge table, or the cast iron tablesaw extension, a 7518 router motor only, and the Jessem Mast R lift, which I have for around $ 1000 more or less. Go for it.
I have the Bench Dog cast iron table saw extension, smaller table, with the above setup mounted on a welded table on casters, couldn't be more pleased...so I got another one! I'm still welding on that table tho...other priorites! bill

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
post #3 of 3 Old 06-23-2009, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

View Marv's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnthings View Post
For a router table you'll need the variable speeds. Since the diameter of you cutters will vary between 3" to 3/4" and require different speeds to operate efficiently and without burning.... So, if it's not the 7518 I would pass it by. You can get the cast iron Bench Dog Pro, huge table, or the cast iron tablesaw extension, a 7518 router motor only, and the Jessem Mast R lift, which I have for around $ 1000 more or less. Go for it.
I have the Bench Dog cast iron table saw extension, smaller table, with the above setup mounted on a welded table on casters, couldn't be more pleased...so I got another one! I'm still welding on that table tho...other priorites! bill
Thanks Bill! I'm not too worried about which router it is other than for pricing since my other router tables have variable speed motors and my plan was to switch one with this if it was a 7519 (one table I use strictly for template work so there is no need for variable speed). I just need (want! ) a third table so I can leave the second one set up with a roundover bit that I use quite frequently plus I figured it would be nice to have a lift as well as not have to build another table/cabinet!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode