DW788 design flaw - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 1 Old 03-09-2013, 08:24 AM Thread Starter
that is all

View just Josh's Photo Album My Photos
DW788 design flaw

I thought I would get an early start on the fretwork clock I am working on. So I am out sitting at the saw, doing my thing and having a good time. Got to the roof panels, each one needs to be cut at 45 degrees. So I tilt the table to the left, check with my 90/45 square, perfect 45, so I cut the piece.
Now to the next side, so I tilt the table to the right 45 degrees, check with my square, perfect 45. So I turned on the saw, hear a short hum, then nothing, it blew the fuse.

Upon inspecting the saw, when the table is tilted that far to the right, on the upward stroke, the blade clamp thumb-screw hits the table. Thusfor not letting the ARM move any further, overloading the circuit and blowing the fuse.

So now I am stalled until the local hardware or autoparts store opens so I can go buy a 3amp fuse, and a few spares.

To remedy this issue, I transferred the cut line to the back side of the piece being cut, and I will be able to cut it with the table tilted to the left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode