Does Lowes take the HF 20% off coupon? - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 03-18-2012, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

View jtrom's Photo Album My Photos
Does Lowes take the HF 20% off coupon?

And if not, I heard there is a Lowes's 10% off coupon at post offices and veterans also get 10% off...............can someone enlighten me??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-18-2012, 11:56 AM
SORY SPELLCHECK IS BORKEN

View ShaneLyall's Photo Album My Photos
As for the HF, they don't like to but some will. I used one to buy my Porter-Cable hybrid saw a few years ago. It saved me about $100! I called ahead and asked if they honored competators coupons. They told me "yes, it's company wide policy" but they didn't ask who's coupons. I got there and the mgr wasn't happy but said since I had been quoted and it was for "any item" he would do it this time. Depends on the manager at the time I guess.

They do offer a 10% discount to military with your ID. No coupon needed. Also, if you find an open box or non-stock item they may discount it a little for you. If another store has something cheaper they will not only match the price but beat it by another 10%.

Lowe's in my town is very customer service focused. I may be one of the lucky few but I spend money there because they take good care of me. I'm a small company with two little shops so I know I'm just a tiny drop in a big 'ol bucket compaired to what a contractor spends building a house but I get treated just the same.

USE THE GUARDS! I started with 10 fingers and still have most of 'em left
post #3 of 4 Old 03-18-2012, 07:31 PM

View PBizme's Photo Album My Photos
You can also get 10% off coupons via email if you fill out the form on their website and say you are moving. They usually take a few days to show up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-18-2012, 08:15 PM
I run with chisels.

View joesbucketorust's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrom View Post
And if not, I heard there is a Lowes's 10% off coupon at post offices and veterans also get 10% off...............can someone enlighten me??
My Lowes gives 10% off to all veterans, just show proof. But there is an Army base in town, so I don't know if that makes a difference.
The post office coupon is when you fill out the change of address form - the one that you get in the little package the size of a large post card on the counter with all the other forms. Change your address and Lowes sends you a "welcome to your new digs" coupon.
I don't know if you can use the two together. There is a veteran working one of the checkout lanes at my Lowes and he says there are two days a year when he can double up and get the employee discount and the military discount. If they sold more tools that might make me consider applying for a part time job.

Insert witty signature line here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode