Dimensions of Bandsaw - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By arvanlaar

post #1 of 6 Old 09-05-2019, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

View arvanlaar's Photo Album My Photos
Dimensions of Bandsaw

Hey All,

I was hoping someone would be able to assist in this. I am looking at getting a 10" Delta Bandsaw and I am not sure if it is going to fit in my Pontiac Vibe or if I will need to borrow a van/truck to bring it home. I do not have the model number nor any other photos of it. I was hoping someone might have the same one or something similar and be able to tell me the height, width and length of the saw and stand so I can figure out it if will fit. The current owner is not going to be able to get in touch with me before I have to leave to pick it up so I would really appreciate the help and not waste the 3 hour drive :)

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-05-2019, 02:15 PM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
take it apart!

First remove the table so you won't break the trunnions off which are supporting it! Never lift a bandsaw by the table or transport it with the table on.

Then remove the stand by removing the bolts from underneath first, then lift off the machine itself. Use cardboard and carpet to slide the machine on it's side into the Vibe. Carry and transport the table behind the seat back. The stand is light enough not to worry about, but put a blanket around the machine to protect it from scratches.

Looks like a nice little machine. I have a Craftsman 1/3 HP 10" saw and it's more powerful than I thought.

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
post #3 of 6 Old 09-05-2019, 03:18 PM

View homestd's Photo Album My Photos
I brought an old 3 wheel Delta home in my 05 Chevy Malibu and it was a job! It took me roughly an hour to disassemble it. Take more tools than you think you will need and heed woodnthings advice about the table, especially the trunions (they can be expensive if you can find them). I suggest you break the stand down completely, that's probably the easiest part and it will lay flat and use very little room.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-05-2019, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I did not bring my tools with me as I was not expecting to purchase this today haha. I guess I will raid my father in laws shop and borrowing some of his :P
post #5 of 6 Old 09-06-2019, 01:49 AM

View Tool Agnostic's Photo Album My Photos
Bring a friend to help load and unload the bandsaw. It is likely to weigh more than 100 pounds, perhaps considerably more.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-06-2019, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Well I got it home nice and safe with no damage. I think it was less then 100 lbs so I was able to manage. I am a strong lad :P

Thank you all for your advice. I would not have thought about removing the table off the saw first. You saved my butt on that one!
woodnthings likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode