DeWalt DW703 and DW713 miter 10" saws - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 4 Old 02-28-2008, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

View oberon's Photo Album My Photos
DeWalt DW703 and DW713 miter 10" saws

Hi all,

My Delta has gone to miter saw heaven and I am looking at the DW703 and DW713 to fill the gaping hole in my shop.

I would truly appreciate any opinions on either saw.

Thanks and have a great evening all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-28-2008, 11:26 PM

View End Grain's Photo Album My Photos
The 10" DW703 is a fabulous miter saw. Just the right size, power, weight and features for most jobs. But, it's not adequate for very large crown moldings. Yet, I have done 5+ inch baseboards throughout an entire house with it -laying the molding flat on the table with the saw blade tilted - as well as lots of normal crown molding. I just recently upgraded to its bigger brother, the DeWalt DW716 12" miter saw with left and right bevel.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-01-2008, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

View oberon's Photo Album My Photos
Thanks End Grain, I appreciate the reply!

I stopped by HD yesterday to see if they happened to have either of the DW's on the shelf. Turns out they had the 713 on sale for $197 (best price I had seen previously was $219), so I took one home, set it up this morning, used it all day (framing - my daughter and I are building a house), and I am totally impressed with this saw. Looking forward to doing some trim work with it.

Great buy so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Thumb Nailer

View dbhost's Photo Album My Photos
Dewalt makes a good saw. (Basically B&D's pro line). About the only complaints I have heard is the bevel gague can be a little tricky to read on the 703 and 713. I'm sure you will be happy with that saw though...

Interested in my woodworking, workshop and whatnot? See http://daves-workshop.blogspot.com, want to see my other interests such as hunting, fishing, off roading, and camping? See http://wildersport-outdoors.blogspot.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode