Delta rc-33 - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 9 Old 10-15-2014, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

View smhorton's Photo Album My Photos
Delta rc-33

I picked up a delta dc-33 planer for a song. The v-belts are missing. I called delta to order new belts, but they no longer carry the belts. They referred me to a company that sent me the wrong belts. Delta cannot or will not give me the dimensions. Does anyone out there have this planer that can measure and send me the dimensions. Any help would be appreciated

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-15-2014, 07:06 AM

View GeorgeC's Photo Album My Photos
Can you not measure the dimensions on the planer that you have?

You most likely can find an equivalent belt at a local auto store. Use a piece of 1/4" or 3/8" rope and wrap it around.

George
post #3 of 9 Old 10-15-2014, 10:15 AM

View FrankC's Photo Album My Photos
I would think you may want to source them elsewhere, these guys list the belt as a special order, only $150:

http://www.1800toolrepair.com/tool-r...ts/dlt-1330679

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something -Plato

FrankC
http://sawdustmaking.com
http://woodworkerglossary.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 10-15-2014, 06:40 PM
John

View jschaben's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankC View Post
I would think you may want to source them elsewhere, these guys list the belt as a special order, only $150:

http://www.1800toolrepair.com/tool-r...ts/dlt-1330679
It only costs me $35 for my 16ft long cub cadet tractor mounted rototiller belt.....

Do what George C. said, determine the length and do some searches.

John

If I strive for perfection, I can generally achieve good'nuff, If I strive for good'nuff, I generally achieve firewood
post #5 of 9 Old 10-15-2014, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

View smhorton's Photo Album My Photos
It would be easy enough to measure, but it have to account for an idler that engages the belt
post #6 of 9 Old 10-15-2014, 08:08 PM

View GeorgeC's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by smhorton View Post
It would be easy enough to measure, but it have to account for an idler that engages the belt
Then account for it.

George
post #7 of 9 Old 10-15-2014, 08:31 PM

View PhilBa's Photo Album My Photos
It might take a little bit of math but you could get pretty close. With an idler, you have some leeway.
post #8 of 9 Old 10-16-2014, 12:11 AM
Wood Snob

View Al B Thayer's Photo Album My Photos
I have this planer and I'm not aware of any idler pully. Motor on top moves to tension the belts. Have you got a picture?

BTW my planer is 28 years old and on the same belts it came with.

Al

post #9 of 9 Old 08-14-2020, 12:11 PM

View StevenWoodward's Photo Album My Photos
RC-33 Triple Belt set

[QUOTE=smhorton;638215]I picked up a delta dc-33 planer for a song. The v-belts are missing. I called delta to order new belts, but they no longer carry the belts. They referred me to a company that sent me the wrong belts. Delta cannot or will not give me the dimensions. Does anyone out there have this planer that can measure and send me the dimensions. Any help would be appreciated

A matched set of 3 belts is important so that all 3 belts will have about the same tension. There is no idler.
Belts are available at a reasonable price (US$20 for a set of 3, US$4 shipping to Canada, PayPal accepted) : https://westcoastbelts.com/product/n...-rc-33-22-651/

Belt tension is correct when a belt can be deflected 1/4 inch by pushing with one finger. Instructions for setting belt tension can be found on page 12 of 1981 manual and page 14 of 1984 manual. Manuals can be found in this folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...I-Ppf39kiUOEU3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode