Okay since my 16 year old Craftsman 2hp direct drive TS burnt out, I have 3 possibilies. One have my motor rebuilt (I'm going to look into this), or buy a new table saw some time in the future, either the Delta 36-979 (I already have the Delta T2 Fence system to put on it, or the Ridgid TS3650/60. For those that have the Delta and Ridgid models mentioned I have some questions.
1. Do you like your saw?
2. What do you NOT like about your saw?
3. Extensions, cast or stamped steel?
4. Handles, plastic or metal?
5. Do they stay in alignment or need adjusting to keep aligned?
6. Does the Fence system work well or flex in use?
7. Miter slots, are they standard 3/4 or t-slot?
8. Do you like the miter gauge that came with the saw, does it fit the slots properly?
9. Blade gaurd, does it work well or do you not use it?
10. Wheel system, does the saw move about fairly easy?
11. Any problems that required parts or tech support from the manufacturer?
12. If you had to buy another saw would it be the same one?
Thank you for taking the time to answer.