Dado size for my “New to me” 113 Craftsman - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By FrankC
  • 1 Post By Lennyzx11

post #1 of 18 Old 01-05-2020, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

View Baleines's Photo Album My Photos
Dado size for my “New to me” 113 Craftsman

New guy here been looking through a lot of the posts and can’t find the answer I’m looking for. So here it is, I just upgraded to a Craftsman 113.299410 10” Contractor table saw. First off, there’s no where on the Internet for me to download the owners manual. Only thing I found was for the fence system, so if anyone has this model and has the owners manual, I would love a copy. Second from all the other manuals that you can download it looks like a 7” dado set is what you use, problem no one makes a 7”. Will an 8” set work or should I go with the 6”. Thanks for letting me ramble on. Brett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 01-05-2020, 07:40 PM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
8" vs 6" ......

I have both sizes, but I got the 8" size first and I've never really needed the full height. So, a 6" would do for 95% of most woodworking projects. Dados are typically 3/8" deep X 3/4" wide for cabinets, so a 6" would work.

Never have seen a 7" dado set, myself....... although I do have a 10" set for my 1" arbor 12" table saw.

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
post #3 of 18 Old 01-05-2020, 07:44 PM
RAM Man

View sweensdv's Photo Album My Photos
http://www.manualsdir.com/models/cra...113299410.html Here is the manual for your saw. It appears that it's an Emerson made saw so you should be able to use an 8" dado set with it. That info though should be in that manual, I didn't look it up.

Dave

Life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 Old 01-05-2020, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweensdv View Post
http://www.manualsdir.com/models/cra...113299410.html Here is the manual for your saw. It appears that it's an Emerson made saw so you should be able to use an 8" dado set with it. That info though should be in that manual, I didn't look it up.
That’s the rail and fence system manual only. That’s what I found when I looked too.
post #5 of 18 Old 01-08-2020, 01:26 PM

View FrankC's Photo Album My Photos
Depends on the HP of the saw, lower HP go with the 6", it is seldom that you need the depth of the 8" in the average shop.
woodnthings likes this.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something -Plato

FrankC
http://sawdustmaking.com
http://woodworkerglossary.com
post #6 of 18 Old 01-08-2020, 04:56 PM
Interested Observer

View subroc's Photo Album My Photos
I have the same saw. I actually have 2 of them but am not using them right now. I have the manual.

I scanned it and posted it over on Vintage Machinery.

Here is a link to it.

Good luck with it, I hope it helps.

link

Last edited by subroc; 01-08-2020 at 07:55 PM.
post #7 of 18 Old 01-09-2020, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by subroc View Post
I have the same saw. I actually have 2 of them but am not using them right now. I have the manual.

I scanned it and posted it over on Vintage Machinery.

Here is a link to it.

Good luck with it, I hope it helps.

link

Helped big time, thank you very much. What are you going to do with the 2 you have? If you’re parting one out I do need the bracket that holds the spreader to the saw. Went on eBay and looks like people only sell it with the whole blade guard system. Also, did you ever use a dado on either saw? Manual’s a little confusing. Thanks again, Brett
post #8 of 18 Old 01-09-2020, 12:19 PM
Interested Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baleines View Post

Helped big time, thank you very much. What are you going to do with the 2 you have? If you’re parting one out I do need the bracket that holds the spreader to the saw. Went on eBay and looks like people only sell it with the whole blade guard system. Also, did you ever use a dado on either saw? Manual’s a little confusing. Thanks again, Brett

I am glad it helped.

I only have one blade guard. When I bought the 2nd saw I mostly parted it out and sold the blade guard, fence and rails, miter gauge, etc. I kept the motor and saw body in case I needed them.

Here is how I had my 113.299410 set up.

The outfeed table I added

post #9 of 18 Old 01-09-2020, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I am glad it helped.

I only have one blade guard. When I bought the 2nd saw I mostly parted it out and sold the blade guard, fence and rails, miter gauge, etc. I kept the motor and saw body in case I needed them.

Here is how I had my 113.299410 set up.

The outfeed table I added

Once I recover from my back surgery I’m going to build a movable outfeed table and because of my small shop it’ll serve double duty as a work build station. Noticed you have the legs enclosed, does that help with the dust collection?
post #10 of 18 Old 01-09-2020, 05:53 PM
Interested Observer

Quote:
Once I recover from my back surgery I’m going to build a movable outfeed table and because of my small shop it’ll serve double duty as a work build station. Noticed you have the legs enclosed, does that help with the dust collection?
Well, good luck with your back recovery.

I don't have any dust collection. I have a constant mess that I occasionally spend a little time to clean some of it. On that, there were 3 sides with a plywood cover and a small cardboard box centered it the void under the saw. It contained some/most of the sawdust. The current saw has a sawdust chute. I put a box behind it to collect what falls in it. Probably half the mess.

I added the outfeed table like that on that saw and my current saw because I made far too many cuts in less than safe conditions. I too have a small shop but it was worth it for me to sacrifice the space for a permanent outfeed solution. We all have to do what works for us. My outfeed along with the saw top is also a work surface that gets used for a multitude of things. When I need more outfeed than that I generally use a Black & Decker Workmate with some kind of rest clamped in the vise.
post #11 of 18 Old 01-09-2020, 06:40 PM

View Lennyzx11's Photo Album My Photos
Dado size for my “New to me” 113 Craftsman

I have your same saw.
It is set up with a 8” dado set currently and I’ll snap a picture in the morning for you.

I used the plastic looking corrugated boards like you see on the side of the street “vote for me”, sale, etc to cover the legs on mine and to make a cover that slides in around the belt. A small flat cardboard box underneath on the floor.

But. I just recently learned of. (I can’t believe I never saw or heard of these. )
I want one to try next.

https://www.harborfreight.com/table-...SABEgL6zfD_BwE

I hope the link works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baleines likes this.

Last edited by Lennyzx11; 01-09-2020 at 06:44 PM.
post #12 of 18 Old 01-09-2020, 08:29 PM

View FrankC's Photo Album My Photos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyzx11 View Post
I have your same saw.
It is set up with a 8” dado set currently and I’ll snap a picture in the morning for you.

I used the plastic looking corrugated boards like you see on the side of the street “vote for me”, sale, etc to cover the legs on mine and to make a cover that slides in around the belt. A small flat cardboard box underneath on the floor.

But. I just recently learned of. (I can’t believe I never saw or heard of these. )
I want one to try next.

https://www.harborfreight.com/table-...SABEgL6zfD_BwE

I hope the link works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Had similar made by Craftsman for their contractor saw, caught most of the dust from the bottom.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something -Plato

FrankC
http://sawdustmaking.com
http://woodworkerglossary.com
post #13 of 18 Old 01-11-2020, 04:27 PM
Interested Observer

What part do you need?

I don't have piece 1 if that is the bracket you are talking about. I do have the bracket containing piece 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 62.
post #14 of 18 Old 01-12-2020, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
What part do you need?

I don't have piece 1 if that is the bracket you are talking about. I do have the bracket containing piece 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 62.

Number 1 is the piece I need. Mine has a broken piece missing so am unable to use it. Need it to fab up the splitter and my zero clearance throat plate to work as a riving knife. You would think with all Craftsman units out there that had the stupid blade guard taken off I’d be able to find one somewhere. Thanks for looking though.
post #15 of 18 Old 01-12-2020, 10:17 AM
where's my table saw?

What are you referring to ...?

Quote:
Number 1 is the piece I need. Mine has a broken piece missing so am unable to use it. Need it to fab up the splitter and my zero clearance throat plate to work as a riving knife. You would think with all Craftsman units out there that had the stupid blade guard taken off I’d be able to find one somewhere. Thanks for looking though.

If you go to Ebay and search for Craftsman Blade guards you will find quite a few:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...e+saw&_sacat=0

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
post #16 of 18 Old 01-12-2020, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnthings View Post
If you go to Ebay and search for Craftsman Blade guards you will find quite a few:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...e+saw&_sacat=0

I already have the blade guard, you need this piece to make it work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0FF43A16-3148-43B2-A467-8DB352D5AA54.jpg (515.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg F22C084A-FE7B-4D9C-B02D-C10F3C2C0637.jpg (563.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 064C1177-62FB-4BAC-B7FB-FA2CA49F2B1C.jpg (482.9 KB, 24 views)
post #17 of 18 Old 01-12-2020, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Just went on eBay and someone must have just posted the part I needed for $12.99 with free shipping. Snagged that up real fast.
post #18 of 18 Old 01-12-2020, 05:13 PM
where's my table saw?

So, I get some creds for the Ebay search?

Quote:
Just went on eBay and someone must have just posted the part I needed for $12.99 with free shipping. Snagged that up real fast.

I didn't know what part you needed or I would have posted it......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode