Craftsman Table Saw 351.218330 Motor Help - Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum

post #1 of 3 Old 01-26-2017, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

View Glenfwb's Photo Album My Photos
Craftsman Table Saw 351.218330 Motor Help

New to the forum. I could really use some advice from anyone familiar with the saw listed in the description.

I need to drop the motor. I have removed the nut at the top and the adjustment bolt at bottom. The motor must slide to the right to clear the bolt at the top, but the side panel will not allow this. There is only one panel on the saw that is removable (That I can see). So, I am stuck how to drop this motor without completely dismantling the whole saw. The manuals are zero help and I can't find anything online.

I could really use some help from someone who has been through this.

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-26-2017, 07:59 PM
where's my table saw?

View woodnthings's Photo Album My Photos
Typically ....

Usually you remove the cabinet from the table leaving all the components attached to the table. This is a hybrid saw saw so it may be a bit different, BUT if what you are saying is true, then remove the cabinet.

Maybe this diagram will be useful:
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/mode...7/0744600.html

This link is provided by Sears for replacing the motor:
http://www.searspartsdirect.com//rep...table-saw.html

The answer to your question will only be as detailed and specific as the question is detailed and specific. Good questions also include a sketch or a photo that illustrates your issue. (:< D)
post #3 of 3 Old 01-27-2017, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

View Glenfwb's Photo Album My Photos
Thanks for the reply. I found that video when searching, but the design is totally different on my saw. But, I finally figured it out. I thought I would post it here in case anyone else struggles with this.

The solution was simple, just move the angle of the blade toward a 45 degree angle. This rotates the motor away from the side of the housing, and gives you enough room to drop the motor...DUH! I can't believe I worked so long trying to figure this out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Woodworking Talk - Woodworkers Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode